The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Business (Team Entrepreneurship)

I will be starting this course in Sept 2016 and would like to know current students studying this course thoughts and/or experiences with the course thus far? Any tips or advice as well.
I applied for the same course. Did you join the group they made on facebook?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by momo.zaidi14
I applied for the same course. Did you join the group they made on facebook?

No, I did not yet, do you have a link to it?
Original post by missanguilla1
No, I did not yet, do you have a link to it?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1659294017653065?ref=bookmarks

There you go. They sent out a email to everyone. Nobody has started any comversation there. So people do seem pretty.. I don't know what's the right word for it :tongue:
Thank you! :h:Not sure if i received that email. It looks as tho they recently started the group this month so that could possibly be why.
Yes. The group was created a week ago. Its really dead though. But you can see the people you might be studying with. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes it is... Hopefully it gets better. Did u get an offer from them yet?
Yup. I have an unconditional offer from UWE and Falmouth. Im currently deciding as to which uni i should go to. ._. We really need more people here so we don't just enter a uni where everyone's a complete stranger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok. Lol yeah. Ive already accepted my offer. We do need more people but as the program is smaller than most of the business programs there may not be many people that are on this forum that are taking this course.
I know, i know. But it will be good to know people, you know? Do you have any info about the accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know, i know. But it will be good to know people, you know? Do you have any info about the accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. It would be. Yeah, if you go on their website it has information on the different student accomodation it offers and pictures. They also have videos on youtube on it. i believe they also have a website that can hrlphelp you find student private accomodation. I went to one of the open days in october and i briefly saw the Walscourt Accomodation which is the newest accomodation they have and its pretty nice. You only share a bathroom with one other person and its a better price than the ensuite student village, you have more desk space, and i believe a bigger room. Its like a town house with 8-12 people n u share a kitchen and living room with. Its very close to the new business n law building they are building. Im thinking of going into that accomodation or private accomodation.
I've been discussing that with people recently. Everyone suggested to move in the halls for the first year because that helps with knowing more and better people in your uni batch. And then move on to the private one for your second and third year. This does sound good. But im still really confused about the uni i should be going to 🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been discussing that with people recently. Everyone suggested to move in the halls for the first year because that helps with knowing more and better people in your uni batch. And then move on to the private one for your second and third year. This does sound good. But im still really confused about the uni i should be going to 🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, that has been my thoughts as well. Especially being an international student I think thats the best course to go for me but I know that private accomodation might be a bit cheaper but havent had much luck finding nice ones. Well you have time to decide. I think accomodation application opens in march which i believe is first come first serve. So if there is a specific accomodation u like dnt wait too long. If it helps I visited the city in sept/oct. N the uni is right outside the city so its more of a quiet area but they have a ton of busses that can get u in the city-city 15 to 45 mins later on campus depending on which bus u take. They have a bunch of clubs in the city and a really cool art culture scene. If u end up going to uwe i suggest u take the street art walking tour. Uwe i believe does TEDxUWE talks, I dont know if that will continue into our year but I hope it does. N its 1hr n 45 mins away from london by train so its easy to pop over for the weekend. What other uni's are you considering? Did you go to any open days? That might help in deciding
Well, that really is helpful. Where will you be coming from?
I am an international student myself. I'll be coming from Pakistan. So i can't be there at open days. So much hassle. I applied to Falmouth and i've met nice people here from Falmouth already. You're the only one from UWE that i know of now. And you've been so helpful so far! Anyway, Falmouth sounds more like a quieter, nicer place. Bristol seems to be way too busy. As for accommodation, you should go for Uni halls. And then shift to private accommodation with whatever friends you make in the first year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="momo.zaidi14;62738109"]Well, that really is helpful. Where will you be coming from?
I am an international student myself. I'll be coming from Pakistan. So i can't be there at open days. So much hassle. I applied to Falmouth and i've met nice people here from Falmouth already. You're the only one from UWE that i know of now. And you've been so helpful so far! Anyway, Falmouth sounds more like a quieter, nicer place. Bristol seems to be way too busy. As for accommodation, you should go for Uni halls. And then shift to private accommodation with whatever friends you make in the first year.

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE
Ok. I think I will end up doing that. Im coming from Anguilla, its a small island in the Caribbean.
That's nice. If i come to Bristol, i'd love to meet you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yea. If you do, that would be awesome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending