The Student Room Group

GCSE Grades good enough for Imperial?

Hi, I'm currently an AS Student and will be sitting the exams in May through June, I'm hoping to attain AAAB but ideally AAAA throughout my subjects and will ideally be predicted A*AAB - A*AAA.

I took 10 GCSES, I attained 3A*'s, 5A's 1B and 1C.
I attained A* in Maths, Physics and Religious Studies (this obviously won't help) and my B and C were in Music and French.

I've also had experience at the Metabolic Research Labs in Cambridge with areas of Biology and the computation behind various areas of Biology.

I intend to Study Computer Science at Imperial and I was wondering if I attained the predicted grades listed above, taking into account my GCSE's would I stand a chance?

Many thanks!
Original post by MichelePascale
Hi, I'm currently an AS Student and will be sitting the exams in May through June, I'm hoping to attain AAAB but ideally AAAA throughout my subjects and will ideally be predicted A*AAB - A*AAA.

I took 10 GCSES, I attained 3A*'s, 5A's 1B and 1C.
I attained A* in Maths, Physics and Religious Studies (this obviously won't help) and my B and C were in Music and French.

I've also had experience at the Metabolic Research Labs in Cambridge with areas of Biology and the computation behind various areas of Biology.

I intend to Study Computer Science at Imperial and I was wondering if I attained the predicted grades listed above, taking into account my GCSE's would I stand a chance?

Many thanks!

Hi there,

I don't know the exact conditions for getting into Imperial University, but from what I know, most universities prefer higher A Levels than higher GCSE's. They will look at your GCSE's, but your A Level results will be more relevant.

Since you are intending to study Computer Science, I highly doubt that the B and C in Music and French will negatively affect your application, since Music and French are unrelated to Computer Science.

So long as you took Maths, Science related subjects (at least 2 of Bio/Phys/Chem) and IT, and you got A's and A*s in them, you should have a good chance. Even if you didn't study all of those, your A* grades in Maths and Physics will definitely help.

Also, what are you studying for AS?
For AS I am studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending