The Student Room Group

I failed my mock driving test :(

So I took 21 hours of driving lessons. I have booked my practical which is for next Friday and I had a mock test today. However I did really poorly.

I got 16 Minors and 5 Majors. Do you think I should postpone my test for another two months or take the test next week?
Post pone it
Reply 2
I would say it depends on you, if you are normally a good driver and this was just one of those days everything goes wrong then try it, however it is more likely that you need to postpone it.
Original post by Grizzy1501
So I took 21 hours of driving lessons. I have booked my practical which is for next Friday and I had a mock test today. However I did really poorly.

I got 16 Minors and 5 Majors. Do you think I should postpone my test for another two months or take the test next week?

I was in the same situation as you before. I did poorly in my mock test which was quite close to the real test. My instructor asked me "Do you want to do the test or shall I cancel it?" I knew I was going to fail the test, but I still chose to do it because I wanted to experience what it would be like. I did fail the first time which was expected as I knew I still needed to improve. In addition, I didn't want to pass first time because I knew I was not a confident driver. Personally, I think you should go for it. Good luck! :u:
I would say postpone and continue to work on what you've done wrong during the test. That way, when you do do the test, you can pass first time. :biggrin:
Postpone. Give it another 4 weeks at least. Review your faults and work on them. You've only had 21 hours so don't be too hard on yourself. Best wishes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending