The Student Room Group

AUB Animation Production

Yo, so I'm new here but I realised I was on this forum enough I might as well make a profile.

So basically I wanna study animation and Arts University Bournemouth has been my top choice. I've been offered a place for my other 3 universities; I'm currently waiting for a reply from AUB but I was wondering what people's opinions on it were.

One thing that stuck out to me was that the guy I talked to didn't seem very interested in Digital 2D animation, do they not have appreciation for that style of animation? Do people not view this as a downside? I have experience in all animation but traditional 2D so I'm interested in learning it but I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time as I quite like the more TV style animation rather than the pencil lined outcome. Also it feels like traditional isn't actually that big in the industry? Like I said I want to learn it but am I going to be restricted as they seemed quite rigid in the interview. I've been using flash for years and I'm trying to teach myself TV Paint so obviously there's always the possibility of mastering those skills outside of the course if its worth it.

I'm also curious about living, is it true that there aren't many hall spaces? The other university I'm thinking of going to is Middlesex but obviously the social experience may not be as good. Any and all reply's appreciated!
Hello!
I can't really say much for the course but I have applied there this year too and just found out I have an offer! I know that the halls are prioritised for foreign students but there is still a slim chance, they also have successful accommodation days where they set you up to meet housemates and landlords to make it easier to get into private accommodation, hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest