The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Notts is by far the best out of the 3 for Pharmacy. I chose Notts as my firm to do Maths because of the great campus and city. I haven't applied for accomodation yet so can't help you with that.
Reply 2
Anotherr thing.. if i did notts firm, and kings insurance, shud i feel bad for declining cardifff cos it does seem reeli fun and is it ment 2 b quite a good uni 2 ? who fancies cardiff..leme no the + and - of cardiff please!

ANDDD How bad is the whole nottingham 'crime rate' talk is it bad enuf for me to consider not going there? elp

thank uu
Reply 3
Nottingham firm and king’s insurance sounds about right… and as for the crime rate, well it can’t be any worse than London!
Where to study Pharmacy!? Notts, Cardiff or King's ???

Personally I would cross out Cardiff and Notts is know to be better for pharm, places Notts as you firm and Kings as insurance.
Where are you all getting that Nottingham is better than Cardiff from?? I don't think there's much to pick and choose academically between them. Although Cardiff had the most applicants for places this year for pharmacy by quite a long way.

Anyways I chose Cardiff over Nottingham. I can't say I've regretted it once.
Reply 6
If I hadn't lived in Cardiff for 19 years of my life, I'd def. put it down for my firm. With pharmacy, all of the top unis are just about equal anyway, and Cardiff is an awesome place to live :smile: I'm going to miss it *sob*
-Emmz-
I don't think there's much to pick and choose academically between them.

I agree with that. whereever you go you'll get taught exactly the same thing. Everyone thinks that their uni is the best, just like everyone thinks their hall is the best out of all the others.
Reply 8
nitesh27

Also, just wanted to get views on accomodation and whether it would be better to stay at Broadgate Park or Raleigh Park (University of Nottingham) if i was to study at the University Park Campus (East entrance).

Thankssss!

If you choose Nottingham and ur lectures are on UP campus I would go for Broadgate... it's closer :wink: Raleigh Park is more suitable for those who have lectures on Jubilee campus... good luck with whatever university u choose!
Reply 9
nitesh27
Anotherr thing.. if i did notts firm, and kings insurance, shud i feel bad for declining cardifff cos it does seem reeli fun and is it ment 2 b quite a good uni 2 ? who fancies cardiff..leme no the + and - of cardiff please!

ANDDD How bad is the whole nottingham 'crime rate' talk is it bad enuf for me to consider not going there? elp

thank uu

The "high crime rate" is more of a media panic bluff... Now u even can get a police-buddy to walk u home after a night of clubbing if ur feeling uncomfortable about walking alone... and it's only Radford that's a bit of a toughish area... Broadgate is in Beeston which is a really quiet place.
Reply 10
Crime is everywhere!!! Dont not chose notts because of crime! I was quite stuck between choosing notts or cardiff and in the end i chose notts because i fell in love with the campus and its not too far away from home! If you do chose notts i think broadgate is the better option for accom.
Reply 11
i've chosen cardiff over notts soooooo excited! :biggrin:
Gregorian IV
whereever you go you'll get taught exactly the same thing.

Not true. The essentials are the same, but how much in depth is up to the school, as are all the extra bits. Also the way you're assessed is completely up to your school. Like at Cardiff we've had an OSCE every year but when I've spoken to people who go to Bath and Aston they have no idea what I'm on about. Also only 2 or 3 schools teach about veterinary pharmacy at undergraduate level. You'll also find a lot of things depend on the research the lecturers are doing and other things they do.
Reply 13
nitesh27

Also, just wanted to get views on accomodation and whether it would be better to stay at Broadgate Park or Raleigh Park (University of Nottingham) if i was to study at the University Park Campus (East entrance).

Thankssss!

Nottingham.
-Emmz-
Not true. The essentials are the same, but how much in depth is up to the school, as are all the extra bits. Also the way you're assessed is completely up to your school. Like at Cardiff we've had an OSCE every year but when I've spoken to people who go to Bath and Aston they have no idea what I'm on about. Also only 2 or 3 schools teach about veterinary pharmacy at undergraduate level. You'll also find a lot of things depend on the research the lecturers are doing and other things they do.

Sorry to interrupt, but I was wondering which universities do this?

(By the way, I vote Cardiff in the debate. I live not far away and I can say it an awesome place.)
=)-|---<
Sorry to interrupt the debate, but I was wondering which universities do this?

(By the way, I vote Cardiff in the debate. I live not far away and I can say it an awesome place.)

I'm not sure. I know Cardiff is one of them ... and I would hazard a guess that Queens in Belfast is another.
Reply 16
I was just browsing and ended up looking at this thread...

The whole media hype around crime in Nottingham's rubbish, it's the same for more or less any city, everywhere has its rough parts. If you're getting into things like that the area around King's college isn't any better, don't know what Cardiff's like...
I know I picked Nottingham for a different course, but they're a fantastic innovative uni with a beautiful campus and who are consistently rated well, one of the reasons I applied in the first place.
Have you visited both cardiff and notts? Go for where you felt most at home.
Reply 17
Cardiff is rated as best (by Gaurdian) in Pharmacy this year!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 18
SO Choose Cardiff!!!!!!!!!
Reply 19
Those league tables always have to be taken with a pinch of salt though, the Guardian one especially has a dodgy reputation, they're good as a rough guide but definitely not something to make your final choice on.

Latest

Trending

Trending