The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Loan

Hi,
I am an EU national studying Economics (BSc) in UK, having received an UK governmental loan for 3 years. I would like to continue my studies in the UK in a postgraduate programme. Am I entitled to apply for a postgraduate loan for a master?
Thank you.
Hi

From the 2016/17 Academic Year (AY), we will be offering loan support of up to £10,000 (per student) for postgraduate Master's courses.
This change will be for SFE students and EU students domiciled in England only.
Thanks
Reply 2
Thank you, Mark.
How would you interpret the statement: "If you’re an EU national, but don’t normally live in England you may be able to get a Postgraduate Loan for a Master’s course at a university or college in England.", which I found it at http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=21647-Postgraduate-Loans.
Thanks again.
Hi again

It just means if you are an EU national you may be able to get a postgraduate loan.

Thanks
Reply 4
Thank you, Mark.
Reply 5
Hi
What do you know about the interest rate(rpi+3%) of new postgraduate loan.? I wish to know the overall interest rate.also,the deadlines of application

Thanks,
Panos from greece
Reply 6
Hi Mark,

I started my Part Time Masters in 2015 and have paid this year's tuition with a PCDL. Am I eligible to pay for the second year with a Postgrad loan?
Hi Mark

Will postgraduate law students studying the Legal Practice Course (LPC) and the LLM LPC offered by some law schools be eligible for the postgraduate student loan?
Original post by Fidelio9
Hi
What do you know about the interest rate(rpi+3%) of new postgraduate loan.? I wish to know the overall interest rate.also,the deadlines of application

Thanks,
Panos from greece

Hi

That is the correct interest rate- RPI + 3%. Currently the RPI is 0.9% so total interest 3.9% but this may change.
The applications have not been released yet and there is no deadline announced for the postgraduate loans yet.

Thanks
Original post by heatherrh
Hi Mark,

I started my Part Time Masters in 2015 and have paid this year's tuition with a PCDL. Am I eligible to pay for the second year with a Postgrad loan?

Hi

Postgraduate loans will be available for postgraduate Master's courses only starting on or after 1 August 2016.

Thanks
Original post by jrichman88
Hi Mark

Will postgraduate law students studying the Legal Practice Course (LPC) and the LLM LPC offered by some law schools be eligible for the postgraduate student loan?

Hi

I would advise you to speak with your place of study. We do not have confirmation of what courses will be eligible.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest