The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by neelam098
Hi, I'm going to be studying diagnostic radiography at Leeds and I will start in stember. Can anyone recommend any accommodations nearby the campus please. I would prefer en suite

'On campus en suites' (say this as campus is pretty big and sometimes you're better off living off campus and be closer to your specific building, in your case you'll probably spend plenty of time in the hospital I can imagine)

-Central Village - well, it's not really, but kinda
-Charles Morris
-Henry price - though odd setup, it's kinda en suite, but you share with the person in the room next to you? There are a few total en suites though.

Close by
-The Tannery residences - about 0.7 miles away from the medical buildings and the hospital
-Sentinel Towers (where I live) - across the road from the tannery

I honestly don't know anything about the residences North to the uni as I have never ventured that far :')
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Is leodis close to the school of healthcare?

Apparently healthcare is based in the Baines Wing? If so yes it's close, about half a mile, about 10-12 minute walk
Thank you, I feel really nervous about moving into Leeds I don't know anybody. I've been thinking of leodis or the tannery. Oh I know I'm asking loads of questions but are the private halls any good like IQ?
Does anyone know what accommodation is near the School of Politics and international studies ?
Thank you, I feel really nervous about moving into Leeds I don't know anybody. I've been thinking of leodis or the tannery. Oh I know I'm asking loads of questions but are the private halls any good like IQ?

I have several friends living in private halls. They're alright. Some are very very nice.
BUT they cost CONSIDERABLY more than the uni halls. Like crazy money, and it's usually a 52 week contract as well not a 43.
Original post by Minionmum
Does anyone know what accommodation is near the School of Politics and international studies ?

You'll be based in the social sciences building which is very central to the campus, so on campus accommodation will be closest, other than that it's pretty much six and two threes! Because it's pretty much the same distance from each end of campus
The one I saw at IQ was £104 a week for 43weeks contract and for 52 weeks contract it's £110 which is cheaper the leodis. Also, the private halls look better but I was just wondering about the walking distance which matters to me the most.
Reply 47
Is there a certain halls that is known for having the best nightlife?
The one I saw at IQ was £104 a week for 43weeks contract and for 52 weeks contract it's £110 which is cheaper the leodis. Also, the private halls look better but I was just wondering about the walking distance which matters to me the most.

Google maps reckons it's a mile, 23/24 minutes walk to where you'll probably be based in the uni. That's a pretty hefty walk and your walk home will have a lot of uphill!
Original post by 0161qwer
Is there a certain halls that is known for having the best nightlife?

I always hear 'CV' (central village) but it's oversubscribed every year
Yeah I looked at that but isn't it far from the uni? It looks the most appealing from all of the halls
Yeah I looked at that but isn't it far from the uni? It looks the most appealing from all of the halls

Sorry, I'm a bit lost, are we talking about CV? Because CV is pretty much on campus and very close to where you will be. It's expensive and oversubscribed every year though, there was a girl in my flat who applied to CV and ended up in Senintel. Some end up in oxley residences
Oh I'm sorry I'm soo confusing. I thought cv was actually far. But it is overpriced though. I don't understand what accommodation to apply for though? There's soo many but I need to consider the cost and walking distance.
Reply 53
Have you tried the tannery? I love it!
I looked at tannery. It looks nice, is it sociable? I'm in a double mind whether to go for private hall or not.
Hi
I've firmed leeds for adult nursing, I can see people recommending the tannery for nursing students although I liked the look of central village/henry price for easy access to the gym/town centre
what are peoples thoughts/advice all greatly appreciated
jess :smile: x
Hey, I've firmed Leeds for radiography. From far as I've heard the tannery is closest fo students who are doing health care related courses. To be honest I think leodis looks more modern than tannery but tannery as more of the homely feel. I think leodis is a 10minutes whereas with tannery is 15mins walk.
Original post by jesslew1
Hi
I've firmed leeds for adult nursing, I can see people recommending the tannery for nursing students although I liked the look of central village/henry price for easy access to the gym/town centre
what are peoples thoughts/advice all greatly appreciated
jess :smile: x

Tannery is super close to the city centre as well. Walking and there is a direct bus.
'Easy access to the gym' be aware with the gym membership included in your accommodation is only valid for certain 'off peak' times unless you upgrade
Central Village is fully booked :cry: Or so they tell me.
Reply 59
Original post by BookBird
Central Village is fully booked :cry: Or so they tell me.

Who is they? I didn't even get a chance to apply :sadface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest