The Student Room Group

Art Foundation Course 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Saudah
Hello all,
I have currently got offers from Kingston and UCA Epsom (still waiting on UAL Camberwell). I was wondering if anyone had any advice or experiences with these uni's as I am having a tough time trying to decide what to do.

Much appreciated ^.^

Hey I can't really help with Kingston or UCA, but I'm currently waiting for a reply from Camberwell too and I don't know whether I should pick Loughbrough or Camberwell.
Reply 21
Original post by Krissy1997
Hey I can't really help with Kingston or UCA, but I'm currently waiting for a reply from Camberwell too and I don't know whether I should pick Loughbrough or Camberwell.

I personally chose camberwell because of location. In london you are a lot closer to galleries and the such.
I can't really speak for Loughbrough though, but I have heard good things from them.
Reply 22
Original post by Saudah
I personally chose camberwell because of location. In london you are a lot closer to galleries and the such.
I can't really speak for Loughbrough though, but I have heard good things from them.

I already live in London, so for me Camberwell isn't too far but I'm leaning more towards Loughborough at the moment.

Hi Krissy1997

Lovely to hear that you are thinking about studying here at Loughborough :smile:

If you have any questions about life here just let us know.

Amy
Reply 24
Hey has anyone heard back from Camberwell?

I got a response this evening, so I was wondering if anyone else has.
Reply 25
Original post by Saudah
Hey has anyone heard back from Camberwell?

I got a response this evening, so I was wondering if anyone else has.

Yeah I got a response too and I'm guessing mine was the same as yours lol
Reply 26
Original post by Rhi-rose
Hi Krissy, I had an interview on that day too, have you heard anything back?

Once you sent your letter off accepting the place did you hear anything back from them?
Reply 27
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi Krissy1997

Lovely to hear that you are thinking about studying here at Loughborough :smile:

If you have any questions about life here just let us know.

Amy

I've tried to apply for student accommodation but when I put my application number in and press 'next' it says that I'm not eligible to register.
Reply 28
I've tried to apply for student accommodation but when I put my application number in and press 'next' it says that I'm not eligible to register.

Have you heard from Loughborough about applying for accommodation?
Reply 29
Have you heard from Loughborough about applying for accommodation?

No I haven't, I tried to register last night and it said I wasn't eligible for some reason. I have a friend who goes to Loughbrough and he said it's too early to apply yet so after the Easter I'm just gunna call them to check.
Reply 30
No I haven't, I tried to register last night and it said I wasn't eligible for some reason. I have a friend who goes to Loughbrough and he said it's too early to apply yet so after the Easter I'm just gunna call them to check.

Ive seen on other forums that it's May when the applications open for the accommodation open 😊

Hi Krissy1997

If you have firmly accepted a conditional offer, I think you can start applying from June 1st but I'd check this with our Accommodation Centre, who you can contact at [email protected].

You should receive some info on this via email soon, too.

Hope this helps :smile:

Amy
Reply 32
Oh okay thanks you 😊 well I sent off my appectance letter a few days after I received the offer, but I haven't heard anything since.
Will going to Manchester Met for foundation put me in a better place for getting into the London universities than if i go to De Montfort Uni for foundation simply because its a more well-known uni? I love everything about De Montfort but thing Manchester may be better in the long run. Any advice would be lovely!
Original post by Hannah_lucy16
Will going to Manchester Met for foundation put me in a better place for getting into the London universities than if i go to De Montfort Uni for foundation simply because its a more well-known uni? I love everything about De Montfort but thing Manchester may be better in the long run. Any advice would be lovely!

Ultimately whether you get in or not will be down to your work so go where you believe that you will produce the best work. Foundation tutors can help but it'll be who you are that decides whether or not you get into those universities, not your foundation. That said I did my foundation at MMU this year and I think that it is a great course and thoroughly recommend it, but go where you think is right for you. If you have any questions about the MMU foundation then let me know :smile:
Original post by Artstudentstress
Ultimately whether you get in or not will be down to your work so go where you believe that you will produce the best work. Foundation tutors can help but it'll be who you are that decides whether or not you get into those universities, not your foundation. That said I did my foundation at MMU this year and I think that it is a great course and thoroughly recommend it, but go where you think is right for you. If you have any questions about the MMU foundation then let me know :smile:

Thanks for your reply! I'm still deciding at the moment but this has helped to reassure me a bit.
Reply 36
Hey did you end up starting a Facebook chat? 😊
Reply 37
Original post by Hannah_lucy16

Hi, I genuinely don't think it would make any difference to go to DM! I am almost finished my foundation at Kingston. It's all about how much effort you put into the foundation and I don't think M would be amazingly better. I think you should go to where you like best and feel most able to excel! Good luck, foundation is amazing but a lot of fast paced work!
Reply 38
Hey did you end up starting a Facebook chat? 😊

I did, though I'm not sure how to put you on it as you're not supposed to post things like that on here :s
I did, though I'm not sure how to put you on it as you're not supposed to post things like that on here :s

Send them a private message so only you and they will see it. That's what I did with the group chat for my course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest