The Student Room Group

Worried about future

I have already dropped out of uni once before and now I am on a course that is okay but I don't love it. The idea that I'm going to have to stick with this for the rest of my life within a career panicks me so much, I feel like I've messed up my entire life already. I'm 20 and really don't know what to do, I can't drop out again.
Reply 1
just because u have a degree in something, doesnt mean you HAVE to follow that career path
Yep, don't forget about those who dropped out of uni and went on to become more famous or successful than any graduate will ever be
I'm in a similar position, my subject is fine but I'm pretty sure I don't want to spend the rest of my life doing it, though I have literally no idea what I DO want to do. And my parents want me to get a degree ( I know it's just because they want me to do well for my future) so I can't drop out and like you I've already changed course so it's stressful! I've decided that I'm definitely staying in Uni till at least summer and spend my break looking into other options, like the above papers said though, a degree isn't a life sentence to do one thing. You've still got your whole life ahead of you :h:
Panicking arises from the feeling of loss of control. Complete your degree, and that will give you access to a wider range of possibilities. Not knowing your plans for the future at 20 is pretty normal, so don't worry: just focus on your next steps to complete the degree.
Hey Mousex, I'm in my forties and have just enrolled at university for September for a life changing degree. My point is, try not too stress too much, it's never too late to change your mind. 😁😎
It might be that you can do what you want to do just by having a good degree and all of the other things that come with being at uni.

What do you think you want to do after uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending