The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Mental health nursing interview

Hello! I've applied to study mental health nursing at swansea university and have been lucky to recieve an invite to attend an interview next month. I'm unsure what to expect and would appreciate any advice? Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Hopefully isn't too late! I've just got offered a place at Swansea for child nursing 😊They're honestly the best interviews I've had 😊 firstly you sit in little mixed groups of different types of nursing and watch a video and then discuss things about dignity etc... So get some good key points and key terms as they're marking you! Then you have a scenario mine was about admitting a patient (that was fun more than anything) then you have a one to one interview which is very relaxed! So don't worry it's really a nice way of them getting to know about you! All the best!!! x
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Not too late, my interview is this week😁 Thank you so much, you've put my nerves at ease. That's awesome, I know how competitive it can be well done 😊 I hope I get offered a place too, I've got my fingers crossed. Thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate it x
That's good! I'll cross mine for you too! You'll be fine though just show that you want it 😊 and thank you! Is it a top choice for you too? And that's no problem hope you get in! x
Reply 4
Thank you 😊 yes it is my top choice. I applied for mental health nursing before but didn't get in, so I'm hoping this time I will! X
Original post by Tilly.23
Thank you 😊 yes it is my top choice. I applied for mental health nursing before but didn't get in, so I'm hoping this time I will! X

Ohh No! It's so tough though isn't it, 3 of the unis I applied to this year rejected me as they're full 😕 but Swansea is lovely! All the best this year! x
Reply 6
It is tough! Thank you 😊 all the best for when you start in September x
Original post by Tilly.23
It is tough! Thank you 😊 all the best for when you start in September x

Thank you so much! Hopefully you'll be joining me!! Let me know if you get in!! :smile: x
Reply 8
I hope so! Will do 😊 x
I've just been accepted into Swansea uni for child nursing too!! I was wondering are you planning on living in halls?! I'm stuck as to which accommodation to apply for!
Original post by Djroberts95
I've just been accepted into Swansea uni for child nursing too!! I was wondering are you planning on living in halls?! I'm stuck as to which accommodation to apply for!

Yaaay!!! I couldn't find anyone :biggrin: I don't know where to apply either where were you thinking? Yes was wanting to live in halls. So lovely to finally find someone else :biggrin: x
At least we've found each other!:h: I'm sure more will pop up closer to the time!! I've contacted accommodation to talk to them about it and apparently because our course is over 47 weeks and most contracts for accommodation are 40 we've been 'allocated' places in the student village and then cefyn Bryn on campus both quiet restricted areas! I've had a look at both of these though and personally the sound of the village being far out I would rather stay on campus but also heard cefyn Bryn isn't the best lol! So I saw Caswell offers 50 week contract lengths too so have emailed about that as apparently it's decent! It's in the quiet area still which I don't mind too much as when on placement would be so ideal as I don't fancy being woken at 3am when I have to be up at 5!:colondollar: But also as its on campus I can still get involved with parties and the whole student night life as well! Seems a good medium to me!! How about you?
I've been given a conditional offer for MH nursing in Swansea. It's my first/second choice (I haven't decided yet) so I may well get to see you ladies there. I loved the group chat and role play. Make sure you prepair we'll for the interveow because they ask you how did you prepair! I hated the interveiw but stuff like that isn't my thing. Although I must of done something right :biggrin:
At least we've found each other!:h: I'm sure more will pop up closer to the time!! I've contacted accommodation to talk to them about it and apparently because our course is over 47 weeks and most contracts for accommodation are 40 we've been 'allocated' places in the student village and then cefyn Bryn on campus both quiet restricted areas! I've had a look at both of these though and personally the sound of the village being far out I would rather stay on campus but also heard cefyn Bryn isn't the best lol! So I saw Caswell offers 50 week contract lengths too so have emailed about that as apparently it's decent! It's in the quiet area still which I don't mind too much as when on placement would be so ideal as I don't fancy being woken at 3am when I have to be up at 5!:colondollar: But also as its on campus I can still get involved with parties and the whole student night life as well! Seems a good medium to me!! How about you?

Glad I found someone too😊 yeah I wanted to live on campus and have the student life too love a bit of a party! I'm not too sure where to live though same problem as you! I've looked at the student village and it was ok, not exactly what I expected! Might see if we were to live on campus if we could request to live with other nurses? Because we would understand each others shifts and still be able to experience student life too. ☺️ also would be super handy for revision 😂 will have a look at Caswell now ☺️
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Katiewainers
I've been given a conditional offer for MH nursing in Swansea. It's my first/second choice (I haven't decided yet) so I may well get to see you ladies there. I loved the group chat and role play. Make sure you prepair we'll for the interveow because they ask you how did you prepair! I hated the interveiw but stuff like that isn't my thing. Although I must of done something right :biggrin:

Well done!! Sees I quite liked their interview process 😊 it's so hard to get in though so you obviously did do something right 😂 hopefully we all end up in the same place it'll be nice to kind of know people 😀 x
Same I definitely don't want to miss out on that! 🍸Yeah I heard you can request specific things when applying for accommodation so I'll definitely put that down! It's basically like penmaen and Horton😊 Let me know what you think!
Same I definitely don't want to miss out on that! 🍸Yeah I heard you can request specific things when applying for accommodation so I'll definitely put that down! It's basically like penmaen and Horton😊 Let me know what you think!

Yes not bad at all, a comprise I'm willing to make ☺️ we could make it nice and homely looks good to me ☺️ probably a good idea to request that 😀 if you don't mind me asking how old are you? I'm 19 and won't be at uni long before I turn 20 just wondering everyone else's ages because I'm nosey 😉
Original post by charwilson
Yes not bad at all, a comprise I'm willing to make ☺️ we could make it nice and homely looks good to me ☺️ probably a good idea to request that 😀 if you don't mind me asking how old are you? I'm 19 and won't be at uni long before I turn 20 just wondering everyone else's ages because I'm nosey 😉

Looks pretty decent to me! I think that's what I'll request just waiting to see if the contract length does cover our 47 weeks!😊 I'm 20 but turning 21 in June!! Not far off ages! I think there's going to be huge variety!!
Looks pretty decent to me! I think that's what I'll request just waiting to see if the contract length does cover our 47 weeks!😊 I'm 20 but turning 21 in June!! Not far off ages! I think there's going to be huge variety!!

Ok I'll probably contact them too, to see what's in the terms but seems decent yes :smile: I turn 20 in January (seems like quite a while away now 😂) but yeah I think there will be a range too, nursing tends to get quite a few more mature students I think 😊 when was your interview date? May have been there around the same time
Original post by charwilson
Well done!! Sees I quite liked their interview process 😊 it's so hard to get in though so you obviously did do something right 😂 hopefully we all end up in the same place it'll be nice to kind of know people 😀 x

I haven't done interviews for anywhere else so I have nothing to compare to. They must of liked me but in the group work I got shh'd a few times. I must of said enough already. It seems one of the interveiwers really liked me because she had underlined my name three times before we had even watched the video. I struggle with anxiety so I hoped they had taken that into account during selection because I declared it in my application. Beta blockers, chanting and chain smoking seemed to have kept it under control though. I'm glad I've met some fellow nurses. If I go for Swansea we'll already of met some people. I can't wait for September. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest