The Student Room Group

How difficult is it to secure a uni place?

Hi,

I applied to do a midwifery degree 10 years ago and it was incredibly hard to get onto the course. There were applicants who were applying year after year. However, the nursing course appeared to be advertising on the local radio well into the summer and, by all accounts there were spaces to fill.

What is it like now? Is midwifery still crazy difficult to get on to? What about nursing and social work?

Thanks so much
Reply 1
I would be surprised if there are many spaces in Summer this year due to the scrapping of NHS bursaries as of next year.

I gather Midwifery is still very competitive. The competition for Nursing is pretty tough too, some universities have hundreds more applicants than places particularly those with a good reputation for Nursing.

I suppose you never know unless you try! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're both still incredibly competitive and a lot of universities tend to have far many more applicants than places - some have over 2000 applicants for only a couple hundred places. If it's what you want to do though you should definitely give it a shot! If you've got some work experience behind you and can show them why you'd make an excellent midwife then you should be able to do it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending