The Student Room Group

"Young people in England have 'lowest literacy levels' in developed world"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Internet
Is that also because of immigrants?

No, I went into private education. I have never been particularly good at semantics, however my spelling is impeccable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
But with less immigrants there would be more resources available to the natives.

Posted from TSR Mobile

u having a giggle m8?

You're are literally saying immigrants are to blame for the fact that Jack and Sally cant read and write as well as people from other other countries :lol:
no surprise - just need to chat to someone on benefits or the chav class.
Original post by MoralResurgence
and its the rural small towns that are suffering in silence. Labour spent so much time throwing money at inner city blacks that they forgot about the likes of Cornwall.

My school was quite "rural" The school was also very very white. You can't blame your poor English on either the govt or black people. You only have yourself to blame
My school was quite "rural" The school was also very very white. You can't blame your poor English on either the govt or black people. You only have yourself to blame

The systematic failures of the British education system, as this report highlights, are the responsibility of the Department of Education.
Original post by mojojojo101
The systematic failures of the British education system, as this report highlights, are the responsibility of the Department of Education.

Sure I get that but the person above you was saying that basically white people don't get the same support as black people. Notice their username too
Sure I get that but the person above you was saying that basically white people don't get the same support as black people. Notice their username too

Yeh, I was trying to avoid the racist undercurrent in the post you quoted, that is just nonsense.

I still maintain that people can only accept so much responsibility for their literacy level when the education system is such a total basket case.
Original post by mojojojo101
Yeh, I was trying to avoid the racist undercurrent in the post you quoted, that is just nonsense.

I still maintain that people can only accept so much responsibility for their literacy level when the education system is such a total basket case.

That's a fair point. I was mainly refuting the bit about "white" schools vs "black" schools; not that schools are all made up of either white or black
Reply 28
Not surprised, everywhere I look there is comtempt for education, health, finances and hard work. This country needs a make over and not by someone who is orange.
Original post by Ronda Rousey
u having a giggle m8?

You're are literally saying immigrants are to blame for the fact that Jack and Sally cant read and write as well as people from other other countries :lol:

:lol:

Supposedly his logic (if he knows what that is) is that the other 22 countries have zero immigration or much less than us.

Yeah that's not it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending