The Student Room Group

Article: Uni life: The things they don't tell you take with you

(edited 8 years ago)
I forgot toilet roll! :redface: I did however, bring tissues with me, which aren't quite the same.

I didn't bring instant noodles; but it is recommended that you bring food (such as instant noodles and tinned foods) for the first few days. I don't know about anyone else; but I didn't really fancy travelling for a few hours and then food shopping.
Reply 3
A mattress cover, you never know how old the mattresses are and if you can, a 2"memory foam mattress topper :smile:

Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, a mug and UHT milk pots.
Any book on mindfulness and this one on essay writing (it tells you how studying and essay writing is different from A Level and how to write well for university).

There's no point in going and not enjoying the three years nor studying effectively!
condoms if it is london met
Original post by imsoanonymous123
condoms if it is london met

Surely most uni students have sex, why just London Met?
Original post by Dinasaurus
Surely most uni students have sex, why just London Met?

I know I won't.
Number 5 is depressing
Tbh I don't agree so much with the instant noodles one. If you don't want to cook then why not apply for catered accommodation? Also, cooking is more fun than you'd imagine, and the food is more satisfying than noodles! :smile:

Rubber gloves is a good one! Although I bought mine here. Also for girls, some kind of jewellery stand thing, for if you have a bunch of necklaces. Also one of those extended socket things (forgot name) because if you're unlucky your uni might not provide enough, or you may want to use your laptop on the bed or something. Air freshener too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending