The Student Room Group

Can Polos easily last 150k+ miles

Hi, I found a Polo near my area which has done 100,000 miles i only need to use a car for 2-3 years maximum as my first car i found a Polo for £500 which is fully working, no problems, dents etc but it has 105,000 miles used. i only plan to use 5000 miles a year maximum so if the car lasts year it would clock around 120k+ mileage. How long can Polos last on average?

If not the Polo what other cars would be better that would easily last 150k+ with minor problems
Reply 1
As long as it has been regularly serviced and has been well looked after I don't see why it wouldn't. You can check to see if there are any advisories on the last few MOTs.
The TDI's will last longer than the Petrol.

It can last 150k no problem, the TDI that is. As long as it has been looked after properly.
Yup Polo will definitely clock 150,000 easily.
Reply 4
some of the newer petrol polo's are well known for burning a lot of oil.
Reply 5
How old are we talking here? The non-turbo diesel in the older ones will chug along until the end of the world. The newer TDIs are pretty robust also. I had the same 1.4 petrol in one of my mk3s that also turned up in the 6n Polos, and probably a few of the older ones too. It clocked over 100k miles while I had it and it drank no oil, coolant, or ever gave me any problems.

We need more info on the age/engine for better advice. So long as it has a solid MOT then it'll last you a couple of years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending