The Student Room Group

Subject Knowledge Enhancement Course

Hey,I contacted a university today and they suggested doing a SKE course. Has anyone done one and have any information about it?

Also, has anyone done one in English? I have Alevel in English so it would probably be helpful but when I searched it I can't find any providers that do this course in English 😕
Original post by shannon_leigh94
Hey,I contacted a university today and they suggested doing a SKE course. Has anyone done one and have any information about it?

Also, has anyone done one in English? I have Alevel in English so it would probably be helpful but when I searched it I can't find any providers that do this course in English 😕

Ive been offered a conditional place but part of the condition is to follow the subject knowledge enhancement course on offer in Mathematics. It runs every Monday evening from 5 - 8 for 16 weeks. I understand from the interviewer that I will get financed to do this but I think it is down to the provider. I am looking forward to completing it as I think it will be very beneficial as it is up to date information. I think a lot of universities are asking you to do it with the new 9 - 1 curriculum being harder.
Hi,
I will be doing a 12 week online chemistry SKE with a couple of trips into a Uni for practicals. I'm changing careers after nearly 30 years and I'm really looking forward to it as I think it will help me back into study mode. A bit like the bursaries for different subjects, there is a £200 per week bursary, which your SKE provider should be able to advise on AND help you apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending