The Student Room Group

BA Fine Art 2016 applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by poppyjoneslittle
Sorry, only just seen this! Mine was it 1:00pm, unsure how it went really
How was yours?

Yeah i dont know how it went haha oh well...
Original post by Kasia1259
Yeah i dont know how it went haha oh well...

Haha, I'm sure it was fab! They're so speedy at getting back to us, so at least we're not on edge for weeks!
Reply 22
Haha, I'm sure it was fab! They're so speedy at getting back to us, so at least we're not on edge for weeks!

So glad to find this thread! Think I probs met some of you at Leeds interview yesterday (I was wearing a big pink fluffy coat) I've applied for fine art & art history at Manchester met, Kingston, Leeds and goldsmiths! :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by maxlar
I've applied for CSM and Chelsea, got a date for an interview for CSM yesterday. 3 march 09:45.

scary nice, anyone know how many get a full portfolio review? and the total number of applicants?

Aw good luck ! I think a lot of the interviews are going to be between the 1st/9th of March. Did you send off your online portfolio earlier ? I sent mine off the day before the deadline and haven't heard back from CSM or Chelsea and neither have my friends. I have however already had my interview for Wimbledon, so its rather strange the way the dates vary so much. I know a lot of the art universities outside of London have already made offers to many of my friends. I'm assuming they just take longer due to the masses of applicants !
Reply 24
Original post by gjs2
Aw good luck ! I think a lot of the interviews are going to be between the 1st/9th of March. Did you send off your online portfolio earlier ? I sent mine off the day before the deadline and haven't heard back from CSM or Chelsea and neither have my friends. I have however already had my interview for Wimbledon, so its rather strange the way the dates vary so much. I know a lot of the art universities outside of London have already made offers to many of my friends. I'm assuming they just take longer due to the masses of applicants !

Thanks!

I sent my chelsea portfolio on the last day, and my CSM portfolio a few days before their deadline.

Still haven't heard from chelsea, judging from the set interview dates they have at least 2 interview periods, and CSM has that as well ( asked csm for alternative dates and they said 3rd 4th was the first interviews, and then around the 18th they had more interviews.) So I can assume that I was not chosen for the first series of interviews at chelsea, so there's still hope for the second round!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ylmf
Have an interview at Newcastle next week. Has anyone heard back from Chelsea/Glasgow/Slade yet?

If you mean the GSA, then sure. Had my fine art photography interview last week.
Had anyone had a manchester interview yet?
Reply 27
Had anyone had a manchester interview yet?

I had a Manchester met interview for the joint art and art history today, think it went okay! How about you?
Original post by Kt.96
I had a Manchester met interview for the joint art and art history today, think it went okay! How about you?

I have mine in march. What did they ask and what did they say? Please help im so worried because i would love to go there.
Reply 29
I have mine in march. What did they ask and what did they say? Please help im so worried because i would love to go there.

It was okay, if your going for the fine art and art history, you will have the course leader, he's really nice, they just want to hear you talk fluently about what your work is about, who influences you, and what exhibitions you've been to see. He asked a few questions about why I had done a btech I graphic design and made such a drastic change which unnerved me a little bit, but overall more like a chat! Obviously I don't have an offer, in still waiting to hear back but I'm sure you will be fine! :smile:
Original post by Kt.96
It was okay, if your going for the fine art and art history, you will have the course leader, he's really nice, they just want to hear you talk fluently about what your work is about, who influences you, and what exhibitions you've been to see. He asked a few questions about why I had done a btech I graphic design and made such a drastic change which unnerved me a little bit, but overall more like a chat! Obviously I don't have an offer, in still waiting to hear back but I'm sure you will be fine! :smile:

That sounds good thanks :biggrin: thanks that makes me feel better. Was there any questions about history of art?
Original post by Kt.96
So glad to find this thread! Think I probs met some of you at Leeds interview yesterday (I was wearing a big pink fluffy coat) I've applied for fine art & art history at Manchester met, Kingston, Leeds and goldsmiths! :smile:

I remember you, yeah! Good luck with it all!:smile::smile:
Reply 32
That sounds good thanks :biggrin: thanks that makes me feel better. Was there any questions about history of art?

Nothing specific, just why it interests you, I told him I was more interested in modernism and showed him a piece of written work (I mentioned I wrote it independently and that seemed to impress him) but it wasn't like a test or anything. I'm getting the impression that tutors understand that most of us have never studied it as part of a qualification before and are just looking for genuine enthusiasm, good writing capability and a basic knowledge of art history!
Reply 33
I remember you, yeah! Good luck with it all!:smile::smile:

Thanks, Same to you! :smile:
Original post by Kt.96
Nothing specific, just why it interests you, I told him I was more interested in modernism and showed him a piece of written work (I mentioned I wrote it independently and that seemed to impress him) but it wasn't like a test or anything. I'm getting the impression that tutors understand that most of us have never studied it as part of a qualification before and are just looking for genuine enthusiasm, good writing capability and a basic knowledge of art history!

Ah thats great thanks for that. We might be in one course if we both get in. Best of luck :smile:
Reply 35
Ah thats great thanks for that. We might be in one course if we both get in. Best of luck :smile:

Good luck to you too! And if you think of anything else just ask! :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by suhwaki
If you mean the GSA, then sure. Had my fine art photography interview last week.

how did it go? what kind of things did they ask?
Original post by ylmf
how did it go? what kind of things did they ask?

Okay, I think.
Just standard questions like why the GSA, why this course, what I think of the city etc. They also asked me to choose 2-3 pieces from my portfolio and present them to them.
It was really informal and relaxed. They were realy nice to talk to. But I'd already met with one of them before, and he remembered me, so I'm not sure if that affected the interview or not - but since he didn't ask the questions, I don't think it did.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 38
Ive applied to newcastle uni, chester, coventry, leeds college of art and manchester met. Im quite skeptical because my art alevel grades havent been amazing so im worried that im not quite ready for uni art level haha has any of you had interviews in one of the unis i applied to? If yes, how was it? :smile:

I had an interview for Leeds Art last Saturday and it went well but they said 1-2weeks to reply😊 Hopefully hear from the others soon, but as for slade it seems like everyone got an offer on the 28th of match last year after having their interviews in the first week of March!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Daisi22
I had an interview for Leeds Art last Saturday and it went well but they said 1-2weeks to reply😊 Hopefully hear from the others soon, but as for slade it seems like everyone got an offer on the 28th of match last year after having their interviews in the first week of March!

Thats great :smile: Are you after a foundation year?

Quick Reply

Latest