The Student Room Group

BA Fine Art 2016 applications

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone who applied to the slade get a scribble on their portfolio label?
Original post by ylmf
what kind of scribble ? hahaalso, what kind of condition did they leave the inside of your portfolio in?

In past years Slade have left a highlighted scribble on people's portfolio labels, idk if it's to be really cryptic but last year everyone with a pink scribble got an interview, and noone with a green one did (on TSR as far as I know). I didn't get a scribble but I noticed someone started a thread with a similar query.

It was pretty good, back to front in perfect order so they must have looked through it chronologically. What about you? :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by ylmf
what kind of scribble ? hahaalso, what kind of condition did they leave the inside of your portfolio in?

Mostly in order, but with some stuff in the middle that I liked brought to the top, and my worse stuff at the back
And a sheet scrunched up a bit.....
Everything in my folio was left in the order I had put it in when I collected it... Which at first got me concerned seeing as everyone else's folios (that I know of) had obviously been handled (shuffled about and all that)
Original post by doner kebab
Everything in my folio was left in the order I had put it in when I collected it... Which at first got me concerned seeing as everyone else's folios (that I know of) had obviously been handled (shuffled about and all that)

it's hard to tell whether it's a good sign. I see it as them making a decision early on and thus not having to scrutinise certain pieces. obvs the decision is a mystery
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by creamteapunk
it's hard to tell whether its a good sign. I see it as them making a decision early on and thus not having to scrutinise certain pieces. obvs the decision is a mystery

Yeah I agree it is a mystery & it could have been different people looking through each too
Reply 46
Original post by Kasia1259
Thats great :smile: Are you after a foundation year?

No I applied for BA Fine Art, I'm currently doing the foundation. Just been offered a place at Wimbledon 😊
Reply 47
Has anyone heard back from slade ? and what colour were everyones scribbles ? aha where they yellow ? apparently someone said theres were green, but i thought it was just to let them know which ones they've looked at ? ahhhh so nervous :frown:(( hate the wait
Reply 48
Original post by gjs2
Has anyone heard back from slade ? and what colour were everyones scribbles ? aha where they yellow ? apparently someone said theres were green, but i thought it was just to let them know which ones they've looked at ? ahhhh so nervous :frown:(( hate the wait

no-one I know got a scribble, apparently its just people with the same name
Reply 49
I'm not too sure about that as I remeber chatting to the two girls who were marking everyone in and was joking about my name since it's quite common and they were like nah you're the only one today ! So I don't think it is that, it's probably just to mark who's been seen :smile:
Reply 50
Oh right, so you got a scribble?
Yeah that is probably it- either way it seems administration :smile:
i didn't get a scribble on my portfolio for slade haha, do you know when they email us about interviews?
Reply 52
Original post by Georgia_97
i didn't get a scribble on my portfolio for slade haha, do you know when they email us about interviews?

Do everyone leave a portfolio in person for Slade?
Anyone had a newcastle interview yet?
Original post by ylmf
Got mine next week

Ive got mine tomorrow. I am really curious if other peoples work quality 😂 im so worried
Original post by Kt.96
So glad to find this thread! Think I probs met some of you at Leeds interview yesterday (I was wearing a big pink fluffy coat) I've applied for fine art & art history at Manchester met, Kingston, Leeds and goldsmiths! :smile:

Hi Kt.96,

Great to hear you've applied to Kingston.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
Reply 56
Original post by Kingston University
Hi Kt.96,

Great to hear you've applied to Kingston.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Student Ambassador

Hiya,

I applied to fine art and art history and sent my online portfolio off around a month ago now, do you know when about a I will hear back as I know slot of people have for just the fine art course.

Reply 57
Has anyone heard back from slade ???
Original post by Kt.96
Hiya,

I applied to fine art and art history and sent my online portfolio off around a month ago now, do you know when about a I will hear back as I know slot of people have for just the fine art course.

Hi Kt.96,

Unfortunately there are a lot of applications to get through and it depends on the faculty and the admissions tutor. I'm sorry there's not more information I can give you, sit tight we'll get back to you as soon as we can!

Student Ambassador
Reply 59
Original post by Kasia1259
Ive got mine tomorrow. I am really curious if other peoples work quality 😂 im so worried

Good luck!!!!would love to know how it goes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest