The Student Room Group

BA Fine Art 2016 applications

Scroll to see replies

Just got an interview invitation from the Slade... Has anyone else had a response?

I suppose they'll be responding to applications from now until early March
Same! Absolutely mad. Not prepared at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by doner kebab
Just got an interview invitation from the Slade... Has anyone else had a response?

I suppose they'll be responding to applications from now until early March

Is that for the four or three year course? But well done to both of you!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 63
Got my interview too wooooooo
Original post by Daisi22

the 3 yr (bfa)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Original post by Daisi22

I'm for the four year BA. So 3 TSR applicants with interviews thus far, that seems high

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
That's mad that we all got one aha. I'm assuming it's becuaee we must be the most bothered spending our time finding things out on this forum 😂😂😂 haha. I think on average 170 get interviews ? Mines for the three year course. Just curious as I've been researching the differences, and the main difference is the bringing in of another subject and obviously the length of time. Is there any more important distinguishing factors ? Congratulations to everyone !! 🎉🎉🎉
Original post by gjs2
That's mad that we all got one aha. I'm assuming it's becuaee we must be the most bothered spending our time finding things out on this forum 😂😂😂 haha. I think on average 170 get interviews ? Mines for the three year course. Just curious as I've been researching the differences, and the main difference is the bringing in of another subject and obviously the length of time. Is there any more important distinguishing factors ? Congratulations to everyone !! 🎉🎉🎉

apparently (from a previous thread of 2015 applicants) roughly 120 were interviewed, but the numbers might vary each year (no more than 200 tho).

the bfa is largely studio based and more focused on the contextualisation of your own work... minus the extra history & theory of art component that is part of the ba (& the additional study of another subject)
(edited 8 years ago)
I also got an interview from the slade! (four year course) super nervous, anybody know what to expect during interview? :s-smilie:
also got slade interview. does anybody know how much new work we need to bring in? like 5/10 pieces or...? and can this additional work be a continuation of the same projects that were in the portfolio or does it have to be new unrelated work?

200/4000!! wow mad!
Reply 70
Original post by paintbrush
also got slade interview. does anybody know how much new work we need to bring in? like 5/10 pieces or...? and can this additional work be a continuation of the same projects that were in the portfolio or does it have to be new unrelated work?

200/4000!! wow mad!

Are there really 4000 applicants for BA fine art at Slade...? Damn..didn't apply, but now I kind of wished I had tried my portfolio on them as well.

Also got a date for an interview at Chelsea the other day, any one else? Also does anyone know how much freedom you are given at Chelsea?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by Kasia1259
Ive got mine tomorrow. I am really curious if other peoples work quality 😂 im so worried

How did your interview go? What was it like?
Reply 72
I'm also curious to how much work people are taking in ? Obviously it depends on the size of the work ect
Haven't heard anything from the Slade still, guessing that means i've been rejected? :/
Reply 74
Original post by alifarley
Haven't heard anything from the Slade still, guessing that means i've been rejected? :/

Same here but there are a second round of interviews 😊 So don't worry just yet
Original post by Daisi22
Same here but there are a second round of interviews 😊 So don't worry just yet

What do you mean by a second round of interviews? and how do you know this?
Original post by gjs2
I'm also curious to how much work people are taking in ? Obviously it depends on the size of the work ect

I'll probably take about 5 new pieces in photographic form - is it just me or does it feel really awkward to bring in an actual sculpture? Like show and tell? Ahhhh the idea of the panel makes me slightly cringe...
Reply 77
Original post by emma_watson
What do you mean by a second round of interviews? and how do you know this?

My friend got in last year and he said that he didn't get an invitation for the first round which are done a week before the second round. They put applicants into two batches and send out more interview later 😊
Has anyone heard from Chelsea after sending in their portfolio? I sent mine on 21st January.

Also, I have an interview tomorrow at MMU for BA Fine Art, has anyone been to the interview for this?
Reply 79
Original post by amaraahh_
Has anyone heard from Chelsea after sending in their portfolio? I sent mine on 21st January.

Also, I have an interview tomorrow at MMU for BA Fine Art, has anyone been to the interview for this?

I have my Chelsea interview on the 4th of March :smile: supprised they haven't emailed you yet ? :frown: my friends still haven't had an email back from csm though, so I think it's quite random as to when they get back to you. The whole waiting process gets me so nervous ! Good luck !

Quick Reply

Latest