The Student Room Group

Strathclyde vs. Newcastle? Which is better?

Hi,
My application has been accepted in Newcastle and Strathclyde. I will be studying Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering/ Marine Technology. I have never been to Newcastle nor Glasgow, so I was wondering which university is best on this subject and which city is better for me as an international student and why?

Thanks in advance :biggrin:
Original post by Ahmed Hassona
Hi,
My application has been accepted in Newcastle and Strathclyde. I will be studying Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering/ Marine Technology. I have never been to Newcastle nor Glasgow, so I was wondering which university is best on this subject and which city is better for me as an international student and why?

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

Heya :h:

Seeing as you're an international student I suspect that it'll be difficult for you to visit either uni.

So to pick between those two unis, you should weigh up everything that you can between the two unis and make a decision based on that.

If you want, you can look at how they compare on multiple league tables, but even then, take them with a pinch of salt as they usually vary from year to year and from table to table.

Have a look at course structures - does one cover more stuff that you'd find interesting? Do you have loads of interesting options? Are there any things that you know you don't want to study, and do they pop up in either of those courses?

What's the accommodation/city like? Are they suited for anything that you might need? Is the social life good enough?

What do current students think about the unis? It may be worth asking any questions you may have in the Newcastle forum or the Strathclyde forum should you have any.

And then any other factors that you can think of.

Best of luck! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest