The Student Room Group

Put off because he doesn't work hard enough?.

Is it wrong and unreasonable to talk yourself out of liking somebody because they are too chilled and don't take their studies seriously?.
What makes you think he isn't taking it seriously?

Sometimes people may just seem aloof or unmotivated to others in order to seem cool or more approachable but might be really focused behind the scenes. During my A levels I knew this guy in my class who literally seemed like a jackass. He was noisy, loud, rude in class, always late and overall a troublemaker.Yet he got 100/100 in our psychology A level exam (the only person to get full marks). He got all As in all his A level subjects.

Honestly, if the guy you like legit doesn't take his work seriously/is actually failing then why don't you just be his friend and help him? If you really like him then it might be a good way to bond. Sometimes being around someone who's super motivated/focused can help someone become more focused themselves. You must like him for a reason and if he likes you back and knows that you're put off by his attitude then he'll probably try to change and be more serious.
yh its reasonable but you have to make sure they actually dont give a **** about theirs not studying. Unless they're so smart they dont need to give a **** and can do well but ive never heard any stories of this ever working in Uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending