The Student Room Group

German controlled assessment help!?

Hi
today i did my GCSE speaking assesment and i did absolutley **** in it im really really sure that i got a B.But anway,regarding the fact that i got 2A's in my writing & 1A in my speaking (the result of the assesment i did today will determine whether i get another A or a B although im pretty sure i got a B)
what are the chances of me getting an A overal in my controlled assesment if i got one low B?

p.s You have to send of two writing assesments and two speaking assesments to the exam board

Thanks in advance everyone !! i'm really worried
Hey! I'm on the same exam board as you - AQA. What were the marks of your writing and speakings? 28-30 = A*
26-28 = A 24-26 = B. If you tell me this I can probably estimate your overall grade.

If you revise the vocab a bit and try some past papers, it won't be hard to get a high A in the reading and listening exams, worth 40%. So, overall you would get an A. I don't think it would be hard for you to get an A overall. You only have one B, and you haven't even taken the May exams yet.

There's even still a chance of you getting an A*!

Don't stress - your grades are fab.
Reply 2
[QUOTE=SupermanCharlie;62365367]Hey! I'm on the same exam board as you - AQA. What were the marks of your writing and speakings? 28-30 = A*
26-28 = A 24-26 = B. If you tell me this I can probably estimate your overall grade.

If you revise the vocab a bit and try some past papers, it won't be hard to get a high A in the reading and listening exams, worth 40%. So, overall you would get an A. I don't think it would be hard for you to get an A overall. You only have one B, and you haven't even taken the May exams yet.

There's even still a chance of you getting an A*!

Don't stress - your grades are fab.

Hey! & thank you! But I'm on OCR and I only know one of my marks and that was for my speaking couple of weeks ago I got 26,I needed 27 for an A*

But thanks for pulling my hopes up😊 because I realised I have only done 3/4 controlled assessment meaning that I have got one final controlled assessment to do so if I get an A/A* in my speaking then,then I will have a 100% chance of me getting a A in my controlled ASSESMENT lool hahah (but I'm just worried because say if I mess that one up aswell)
But if I predict my marks based on a worst case scenario then can you still tell me if I will be able to get an A overall in my ASSESMENT?
Okay so:
Speaking 1 -26 (A)
Speaking 2-22(B)
Writing 1-24 (A)
Writing 2-25 (A)
Original post by Real_jenn
Hey! & thank you! But I'm on OCR and I only know one of my marks and that was for my speaking couple of weeks ago I got 26,I needed 27 for an A*

But thanks for pulling my hopes up😊 because I realised I have only done 3/4 controlled assessment meaning that I have got one final controlled assessment to do so if I get an A/A* in my speaking then,then I will have a 100% chance of me getting a A in my controlled ASSESMENT lool hahah (but I'm just worried because say if I mess that one up aswell)
But if I predict my marks based on a worst case scenario then can you still tell me if I will be able to get an A overall in my ASSESMENT?
Okay so:
Speaking 1 -26 (A)
Speaking 2-22(B)
Writing 1-24 (A)
Writing 2-25 (A)

Okay so in your controlled assessment part you will defo get an A, because no1 was only one mark off an A* and the others are 24 and 25.

26 + 22 +24 + 25 = 97 / 4 = 24.25. 24.25 = A! So worst case scenario you will get a low A in your CA, and with a good effort in your summer exams you can pull that up to a high A and maybe (depending on grade boundaries and UMS blah blah blah) an A*.

Quick Reply