The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yea that sounds about average. King's is an academic uni.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
zee987
lol you dont have to be suuper dooper clever!!

totally
Reply 3
zee987
lol you dont have to be suuper dooper clever!!

i got:
3A's, 6B's, 2C's and Distinction in GNVQ Science
CCCD @ AS Level

still got an offer!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Which course!?
I know someone whos doing maths he got average gcse's and goes kings..
I think out of KCL,UCL,LSE, king's is the one who cares less about grades.

I have 5A*s 7As and AAAAB at AS level.
cool
thanks guys- i just didnt want to be the dumbest one or the smartest one doing my course but i guess thats a silly thing to worry about lol
Reply 7
sim90
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Which course!?

Why are AS's important?
5A* 4A 1B - GCSE
AAAAAA - AS
AAABD - A

Law LLB
fblade
Why are AS's important?

Because unless the applicant does resits, they more or less determine the grade they are gonna get at A level. i.e. a D at AS without resits, the max the applicant can get is a B. But seeing as the course that person wants is BBB his grades aren't that bad.

I wonder if those grades (CCCD) were declared on his UCAS form though.
Reply 10
Dark and Lovely
Because unless the applicant does resits, they more or less determine the grade they are gonna get at A level. i.e. a D at AS without resits, the max the applicant can get is a B. But seeing as the course that person wants is BBB his grades aren't that bad.

I wonder if those grades (CCCD) were declared on his UCAS form though.

Cool.
True...but there is if you are trying to get straight As at A level, makes it v. difficult.
Reply 12
I got 3 B's 3 A's and four A*'s at GCSE
I got AAB at AS
I need AAB at A2 to get on the course.

'plsegivemeoffernow' you should fit in fine I presume anyone doing a Maths degree at Kings will have similar grades to you and it is about average (as KCL give out ABB/AAB offers on average with the exception of nursing. foundation some language and biomed courses)
Wow - I am officially the dumbest person who will be at King's in September then coz i go nowhere neeeeeeear close to what anyone else got in the GCSE's or A levels.
So 'plsgivemeoffernow' - dont feel too bad!
If I can get a place at kings - anyone can!! lol x
Reply 14
I am so gona apply to kings :biggrin:
I never knew such a good uni can be so lenient on grades
sim90
I am so gona apply to kings :biggrin:
I never knew such a good uni can be so lenient on grades

Obviously grades play a huuuuge role but I honestly do think my personal statement was wat got me into King's. I've heard they play a big part in deciding whether ur in or not! x
[strand]king's has more than its fair share of idiots. entry grades aren't high and they're horrendously lenient to people who miss their requirements.[/strand]

asking for others' grades at gcse/a-level is all very well, but both qualifications are so pathetic anyway that any idiot can get straight A's. they're not really that great for comparing different individuals.
OMG we're liek well clever innit
Reply 18
I'm planning on doing maths @ kings n I got 3A*5A2B, 3A's n a B at AS
I have been known to dribble in lectures. :rolleyes:

Latest