The Student Room Group

Why does nobody want to know me)

I've tried my best. I have tried SO hard. I even go to two clubs and I chat to them.

But now it's getting to the stage where I am really desperate. My mum thinks i'm weird but I see loads of people around here walking around withtheir friends etc.

Point being i've tried very hard! It is getting frustrating. I am wondering if there is something wrong with me or I give out a negative vibe? Should I forget about making friends now? It's just very hard to live with and be alone at uni all the time.

What are other people doing that i'm not doing?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
It's time for you to go and talk to a real person who can discuss your situation with you and offer some real world objective advice. Your uni has a counselling service - make an appointment to see them. Talking to someone face to face and making a direct connection of any kind, is going to help
Original post by Klix88
It's time for you to go and talk to a real person who can discuss your situation with you and offer some real world objective advice. Your uni has a counselling service - make an appointment to see them. Talking to someone face to face and making a direct connection of any kind, is going to help

I agree with klix, you have posted about this quite a few times now and clearly nothing we've said has helped. I think it is time you get some real help, they're more likely to get to the bottom of this issue with you.
Reply 3
Original post by Frostyjoe
I've tried my best. I have tried SO hard. I even go to two clubs and I chat to them.

But now it's getting to the stage where I am really desperate. My mum thinks i'm weird but I see loads of people around here walking around withtheir friends etc.

Point being i've tried very hard! It is getting frustrating. I am wondering if there is something wrong with me or I give out a negative vibe? Should I forget about making friends now? It's just very hard to live with and be alone at uni all the time.

What are other people doing that i'm not doing?

Being sociable is not for everybody ... I never had close friends since I left primary.
Reply 4
Original post by SophieSmall
I agree with klix, you have posted about this quite a few times now and clearly nothing we've said has helped. I think it is time you get some real help, they're more likely to get to the bottom of this issue with you.

I know it's embaressing but I hate being on my own 24/7. I have tried hard.

I am on the councilling list but they said I will have to wait six weeks. Maybe I should just forget about it for a while.
Original post by Frostyjoe
I know it's embaressing but I hate being on my own 24/7. I have tried hard.

I am on the councilling list but they said I will have to wait six weeks. Maybe I should just forget about it for a while.

Is that the uni counselling list or NHS?

There is no sense in just forgetting about it and giving up before you've gotten to counselling. If you are unhappy you need to take steps to change that, not give up. Giving up will make it harder in the long run, trust me I know.
Reply 6
But maybe I am trying too hard.
You aren't alone. There are lots of people with the exact same concerns.

Know that you can and should put yourself out there to make friends - Join a society, sing on-stage, become a colossal nerd and do colossally nerdy things with other colossally nerdy people.

Remember that if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.

Quick Reply

Latest