The Student Room Group

How to get full marks in a group discussion controlled assessment? - WJEC Unit 4

I have the second part of my unit 4: speaking and listening controlled assessment next week which accounts for 10% of my GCSE (the first part was an individual speech on a topic of our choice which we did last year).

My English teacher has told us that we will be put into groups and we will have to first of all discuss whose charity should be chosen to be supported by the school (we have to pick and research a charity of our choice in advance) then, once we have reached a conclusion on that matter, we have to discuss the topic of mindfulness and speak about ways in which the school promotes wellbeing as well as future strategies the school could use - in this case, we will be assigned a role on the day i.e. we would act as a representative for a certain year group whether that be a year 7 student, GCSE student, college student, etc.

Although I know what the topic will be, I don't actually know what is expected of me. Therefore I was wondering whether anyone knows how to succeed at this task? And how should I prepare? I would preferably like to get full marks.

Thanks in advance,

nettogrof :smile:
Original post by nettogrof
I have the second part of my unit 4: speaking and listening controlled assessment next week which accounts for 10% of my GCSE (the first part was an individual speech on a topic of our choice which we did last year).

My English teacher has told us that we will be put into groups and we will have to first of all discuss whose charity should be chosen to be supported by the school (we have to pick and research a charity of our choice in advance) then, once we have reached a conclusion on that matter, we have to discuss the topic of mindfulness and speak about ways in which the school promotes wellbeing as well as future strategies the school could use - in this case, we will be assigned a role on the day i.e. we would act as a representative for a certain year group whether that be a year 7 student, GCSE student, college student, etc.

Although I know what the topic will be, I don't actually know what is expected of me. Therefore I was wondering whether anyone knows how to succeed at this task? And how should I prepare? I would preferably like to get full marks.

Thanks in advance,

nettogrof :smile:

You'll need to be able to think as your 'character', so make sure you consider how different types of people would react to your charity and other suggestions (don't focus overly on one type of character in case you don't get them) :smile: remember, you're being marked on how you consider and react to other people's points, as well as how you say your own ideas :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending