The Student Room Group

How to motivate myself for revision?

How should I motivate myself to do well
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xxNoodlezxx
How should I motivate myself to do well as I am at that point in the academic year where I feel so tired :smile:

Chill then, have a rest.
Original post by ForgottenApple
Chill then, have a rest.

I want to but I just had 10 assessments all in such close proximity and now I have 2 more but I feel drained ):
Reply 3
Give yourself rewards and breaks
Reply 4
I want to but I just had 10 assessments all in such close proximity and now I have 2 more but I feel drained ):

what level are you?
Original post by TeeEm
what level are you?

As is year? :smile: Im only year 10 but our school thought it was a good idea to give us a mock mock week and im doing Core science and RE exams later on in the year
Reply 6
As is year? :smile: Im only year 10 but our school thought it was a good idea to give us a mock mock week and im doing Core science and RE exams later on in the year

Year 10 is not too bad .. take a complete day off every week to refresh the batteries
How about writing down a lists of reasons why you want to pass your exams. When you can't be arsed to revise or whatever, run through the list of reasons.
Original post by Tom Jickleson
How about writing down a lists of reasons why you want to pass your exams. When you can't be arsed to revise or whatever, run through the list of reasons.

Thanks so much, thats a great idea! :smile:
Original post by Tom Jickleson

Or you could do the opposite, and write a list of reasons of how much of a failure you'd be if you didn't pass your exams. That's motivational.
Original post by hxfsxh
Or you could do the opposite, and write a list of reasons of how much of a failure you'd be if you didn't pass your exams. That's motivational.

Haha thanks. :smile:
Do the pomodoro technique, when you complete 25 mins and go on to do your 5 minute break, you feel so accomplished! :awesome:

The more 25 min sections of work you complete, the more amazing you feel! :tongue:
Reply 12
How should I motivate myself to do well

Maybe like keep telling yourself you will fail if you don't revise to reinforce doing so, I actually know some people who don't revise for mocks and get bad grades so they are pushed to do well in the real exams.
Reply 13

Just wait until you're in y11, you'll get exams all the time...

Quick Reply

Latest