The Student Room Group

How to communicate with a child who has behavioural issues?

How do i communicate with that particular child, he is only three and acts so stubborn like he has had no home training.

When all the other nursery kids are told to do something, all of them understand and do what they are told apart from that particular child, its like he refuses to do anything he is told to do, he only wants his way and no other way. This makes it very difficult to communicate with him as when you tell him off or try to discipline him he will throw off tantrums an start crying loudly.

So, how do i communicate with such a child, what communication strategies can i use to make my communication effective.
If he is not your child, recommend his parents to get a diagnosis.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
If he is not your child, recommend his parents to get a diagnosis.

Yeah, i know but i work there(nursery) and want to get advice on how to cope with him.
Original post by Blackstarr
Yeah, i know but i work there(nursery) and want to get advice on how to cope with him.

it's a shame his parents have neglected their duty, then. Read this http://www.parenting.com/article/how-win-over-stubborn-children and show it to his parents, too.
OMG hahahahahaha sorry but this is hilarious and extremely annoying!! :angry:

All I can say is that tough luck! :colonhash:
Reply 5
Original post by BrokenLife
OMG hahahahahaha sorry but this is hilarious and extremely annoying!! :angry:

All I can say is that tough luck! :colonhash:

Its soo annoying, i just feel like giving him a slap, but sadly this is abuse.:angry:
Reply 6
Original post by shawn_o1
it's a shame his parents have neglected their duty, then. Read this http://www.parenting.com/article/how-win-over-stubborn-children and show it to his parents, too.

Cool.
Original post by Blackstarr
Its soo annoying, i just feel like giving him a slap, but sadly this is abuse.:angry:

Omg I feel so sorry foe you! Omg I hate kids!! so annoying!! Like calm it you aarrrgghhh:angry:
poor kid, his parents are to blame

try to do as he says for a bit so he sees you as a friend, be extremely nice to him
so when you tell him to do something he will feel guilty if he doesnt do it as you've been so nice
plus make that puppy face and look shocked like 'after all ive done for you' look
and it should work, ive had experience in a nursery with the same kinda kid,
he was my favourite by the end and he gave me chocolate when i left..... bless him:redface:
I am sure that the workers there have come across this before? Maybe they have some ideas on how to communicate with him?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending