The Student Room Group

Failed an Igcse subject

I have passed 6 of my Igcse subjects and got 2A*,1A and 2B's and 1 C
but i failed my 7th subject which is history, i know that i don't need history for medicine but will my history grade effect my chances to study medicine? should i repeat my history exam?
Some universities will require a set number of GCSEs. Southampton requires 7 for example. You'll need to look into the different unis you're interested in and see how many they require. If you can find enough that are happy with what you have, that is great.

If you can't and need to resit, you'll need to find out how they feel about that too. It's complicated but with a bit of research you can get the answer :yes:.
Original post by Neostigmine
Some universities will require a set number of GCSEs. Southampton requires 7 for example. You'll need to look into the different unis you're interested in and see how many they require. If you can find enough that are happy with what you have, that is great.

If you can't and need to resit, you'll need to find out how they feel about that too. It's complicated but with a bit of research you can get the answer :yes:.

Thanks for the reply :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending