The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Chemistry requirements

Hi everyone,

I'm in first year at A-levels, and its getting to that time where I have to start to think about university. I was looking at the imperial college website for a MSci in chemistry. I noticed that it said that in addition with the A level requirement, a B was needed in english. Do they mean english language or literature? And does it affect my application if I didn't get a B?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by TheLOLGuy
Hi everyone,

I'm in first year at A-levels, and its getting to that time where I have to start to think about university. I was looking at the imperial college website for a MSci in chemistry. I noticed that it said that in addition with the A level requirement, a B was needed in english. Do they mean english language or literature? And does it affect my application if I didn't get a B?

Thanks

Language, I think.

Yes - if it states you need a B then the B is a requirement. If you do not have a B in English you do not meet the entry requirements :nah:

However, on their website it says "In addition, passes are required in English and Mathematics at GCSE, typically grade B or better.", so a C (a pass) would be enough, but that is a minimum.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending