The Student Room Group

Muslims aren't the problem, Islam is

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepysnooze
I think you know full well that islam has terrible teachings and you're only telling me to "give reference" because it is going to waste my time and annoy me but whatever - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and conclude that you're simply *that* ignorant and blinded by political correctness culture - here's a link with a list of verses: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx

Probably not because I'm a muslim myself; lol. The verses on that page are only referring to times of war when a muslim land is threatened . . . No muslim is gonna go out and "kill the disbelievers wherever you find them" lol.

If these verses were really to be understood in the context that you believe them to be . . . There's over a billion muslims . . . . There would be mass bloodshed everywhere. All the muslims worldwide including ones in the UK and USA; they'd be taking arms and all of them would be firing from their rooftops and on the streets etc It'd be absolute bedlam.

Why are these things not happening then? Stop believing what those with offensive propaganda want you to believe. Watch Channel 4's documentary on jihadis on 4od to see exactly how we muslims sideline these jihadi groups in a Western context. The documentary successfully highlights how they make up less than 1% of the entire muslim community worldwide.
Original post by garfeeled
well arguably there is an issue. I mean

45% of Muslims believe the west is out destroy Islam
36% of Young British Muslims believe in killing apostates (31% if include all age ranges)
61% of Muslims believe that homosexuality should be illegal.
28% want Britain to become a fundermentalist Islamic state

Disgusting statistics. Do you have a source?
Original post by StrawbAri
What ?
1. What makes you think I can't 'stand' the debate?
2. How is it a bad analogy? I'm a follower of the tv show and I love it much like you are a follower of Islam and you love it.
3. That's not true. How do you know that? Like I said most of the people that critisise Islam here on Tsr have loads of Muslim friends and get on with them really well. Just becasue you don't like someone's religion doesn't mean you can't like the person. There's more to being friends with a person than the religion they follow. For example I really like @z33 on here. She's cool and funny and I agree with a lot of her opinions. The fact that she's a Muslim doesn't matter at all to me.
4. No one is shoving anything down anyone's throats. No one is forcing anyone to conform to anything. People just share their opinions and challenge the ones of others. I've never ever seen a situation in which some one like Plantagenet crown or Hydeman have ever tried to force anyone to agree with them.
5. Like I said, it's a shame that people are offended when their belief are criticized but that doesn't mean people can't share their opinions anymore.

Thanks. PRSOM, it's a good post. :smile:
Original post by Butternuts96
Probably not because I'm a muslim myself; lol. The verses on that page are only referring to times of war when a muslim land is threatened . . . No muslim is gonna go out and "kill the disbelievers wherever you find them" lol.

If these verses were really to be understood in the context that you believe them to be . . . There's over a billion muslims . . . . There would be mass bloodshed everywhere. All the muslims worldwide including ones in the UK and USA; they'd be taking arms and all of them would be firing from their rooftops and on the streets etc It'd be absolute bedlam.

Why are these things not happening then? Stop believing what those with offensive propaganda want you to believe. Watch Channel 4's documentary on jihadis on 4od to see exactly how we muslims sideline these jihadi groups in a Western context. The documentary successfully highlights how they make up less than 1% of the entire muslim community worldwide.

you're only mentioning the verses about war but then you're forgetting the verses about misogyny, homophobia, killing people for petty crimes, stoning adulterers/adulteresses, stoning blasphemers, the illegality of atheism, etc
one of the Muslim friend said that "religion allows us to not cross boundaries... it tells us how to live a normal life..." :blah:
you're only mentioning the verses about war but then you're forgetting the verses about misogyny, homophobia, killing people for petty crimes, stoning adulterers/adulteresses, stoning blasphemers, the illegality of atheism, etc

Okay so now we move onto the other verses? So firstly, I have successfully brought down your blind criticisms of the verses of war. Secondly, let me tell you that there is no misogyny in Islam. If there really was true misogyny, then there would be no women in Islam because they would all leave the religion and the religion would die out. But the religion hasn't died out for hundreds of years.

Homophobia. There is no homophobia in Islam. You can be a gay Muslim in Islam. However, it isn't allowed and it's strictly forbidden to do gay ACTS and there IS a punishment for homosexual acts which can only be applied (by a judge after legal proceedings and it has been lawfully proven) in an Islamic country eg Saudi Arabia, Brunei etc and NOWHERE else. If the punishment is applied by an ordinary person not in an Islamic country, then that person has committed a major sin. The gay person must try to refrain from doing their acts if they are Muslim. If they haven't done any actions for it, then they are just like any other person. No hatred for them at all.

Killing people for petty crimes? That's a new one. Do explain.

Stoning those that cheat on their partners. Yes; that is a part of the religion. Again, like all punishments, it must be done in an islamic country and proven in front of a judge with solid evidence.

I don't know what exactly you mean by blasphemers. Be specific please.

Also, what do you mean by atheism being illegal?
Original post by AliRizzo
This is not a debate.

It was intended to. I don't care what you think anymore.
Original post by Sgt_Haytham
It was intended to. I don't care what you think anymore.

Good thing I never cared about your opinion from the beginning.
Stop the generalisations already. On both sides. :facepalm:
well arguably there is an issue. I mean

45% of Muslims believe the west is out destroy Islam
36% of Young British Muslims believe in killing apostates (31% if include all age ranges)
61% of Muslims believe that homosexuality should be illegal.
28% want Britain to become a fundermentalist Islamic state

Nice to see they have finally done a survey which included all British Muslims in the UK. It's just that I find it a tiny bit wierd that I wasn't included, neither were my friends, family. Tbh, anyone I know really.

Secondly . . . It's not necessarily wrong/untrue to believe that the West have an agenda against Islam. That's just their opinion so let them have it.
The killing of apostates is established in Islam by the Hadiths (sayings of Muhammed, peace and prayers upon him) so all Muslims believe in this or their Islam becomes nullified by not agreeing with God's verdict.

Again, believing homosexuality should be illegal isn't just a narrative by the muslims so stop trying to marginalise us.

Yeah, what's wrong with wanting Britain to be an Islamic country? It's just an idea which is not necessarily and most likely not going to come true anyways so what's the big deal?
Okay so now we move onto the other verses? So firstly, I have successfully brought down your blind criticisms of the verses of war. Secondly, let me tell you that there is no misogyny in Islam. If there really was true misogyny, then there would be no women in Islam because they would all leave the religion and the religion would die out. But the religion hasn't died out for hundreds of years.

1) they're not allowed to leave the religion - in most muslim countries, not only is that illegal but their families would probably honour-kill them.
2) there are verses that suggest that women should never be leaders. there are verses that say that a woman's testimony is worth half a man's. there are verses that say that women/wives can be beaten and that little girls can be basically sold into sexual slavery. there are verses that say that women cannot get the same inheritance money as a male in a will. either you're totallyignorant of your own religion you're totally full of ****.

Homophobia. There is no homophobia in Islam
. You can be a gay Muslim in Islam. However, it isn't allowed and it's strictly forbidden to do gay ACTS and there IS a punishment for homosexual acts which can only be applied (by a judge after legal proceedings and it has been lawfully proven) in an Islamic country eg Saudi Arabia, Brunei etc and NOWHERE else. If the punishment is applied by an ordinary person not in an Islamic country, then that person has committed a major sin. The gay person must try to refrain from doing their acts if they are Muslim. If they haven't done any actions for it, then they are just like any other person. No hatred for them at all.

again, you're totally out of your tiny mind. your defence here is like saying "stalin wasn't unfair - he only killed people who OUTWARDLY criticised him - he allowed people to have their own opinions in private"

Killing people for petty crimes? That's a new one. Do explain.

well I'm obviously referring to adultery and blasphemy primarily but there is also the fact that you must have your hand cut off for theft and probably a lot more kinds of punishments (e.g. lashes!) of that variety.

Stoning those that cheat on their partners. Yes; that is a part of the religion. Again, like all punishments, it must be done in an islamic country and proven in front of a judge with solid evidence.

yes, and it's horrifically barbaric. and why must it be done in an islamic country? because it'll be tolerated there? lol

I don't know what exactly you mean by blasphemers. Be specific please.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/insulters-islam.aspx

Also, what do you mean by atheism being illegal?

look to the link above
Nice to see they have finally done a survey which included all British Muslims in the UK. It's just that I find it a tiny bit wierd that I wasn't included, neither were my friends, family. Tbh, anyone I know really.

You clearly don't know much about statistics, you don't need to test an entire population to make a good estimate of the results for a large population. Given that the companies used in the surveys were experts in statistics and polling I will go with them instead if you know, one lone individual of no apparent experience.

Secondly . . . It's not necessarily wrong/untrue to believe that the West have an agenda against Islam. That's just their opinion so let them have it.

I am letting them have it, where am I stopping them have it. But as a view it is inherently conflicting (agree or disagree is irrelevant to what was being discussed)

The killing of apostates is established in Islam by the Hadiths (sayings of Muhammed, peace and prayers upon him) so all Muslims believe in this or their Islam becomes nullified by not agreeing with God's verdict.

So in your opinion 69% of British Muslims aren't Muslims, so we can extend what your saying to say 100% of all Muslims believe in killing apostates. Regardless if you agree or disagree in the west such a view is regarded as hateful and my post was in response to somebody saying Islam isn't hateful because so few Muslims hold hateful and aggressive views

Again, believing homosexuality should be illegal isn't just a narrative by the muslims so stop trying to marginalise us.

Yeah, what's wrong with wanting Britain to be an Islamic country? It's just an idea which is not necessarily and most likely not going to come true anyways so what's the big deal?

Same as above really, just demonstrate the current incompatibility and the problem with what luminary child was saying.
Reply 73
3. That's not true. How do you know that? Like I said most of the people that critisise Islam here on Tsr have loads of Muslim friends and get on with them really well. Just becasue you don't like someone's religion doesn't mean you can't like the person. There's more to being friends with a person than the religion they follow. For example I really like @z33 on here. She's cool and funny and I agree with a lot of her opinions. The fact that she's a Muslim doesn't matter at all to me.
Awhh!! I feel so special :blush: :jumphug: thank you :biggrin:

Yeah guys substitute religion with favourite colour, your favourite colour is bound to be different to someone else'sbut that doesn't make them hate you! y'all can get along just fine despite the differences! If you like blue and someone else likes pink and says "ew blue is such an ugly colour" you wouldn't lose your **** would you? It wouldn't mean they meant they hated anyone who liked blue - they just dislike the colour themselves! It's cool! we can disagree! And yeah we CAN debate, go ahead debate all you want but when you start getting pissed off and heated then it's like dude :colonhash:
you can still get on with blue-haters - you probably agree on other stuff (like how awesome Breaking Bad was, how good Krispy Kreme Reese's Peanut Butter donuts are... :drool: ) - favourite colour ain't a make or break

"BUT z33 A COLOUR IS NOT THE SAME AS A RELIGION" I know I know you can sit back down I'm just trying to make a point mkay :colonhash: it's exaggerated for a reason - so you can see that despite our differences, we can still get along and also how silly you sound

If you're someone who doesn't like the idea of that - then Great Britain ain't the place for you my friend
das right I said it ;3
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by z33
Awhh!! I feel so special :blush: :jumphug: thank you :biggrin:

Yeah guys substitute religion with favourite colour, your favourite colour is bound to be different to someone else'sbut that doesn't make them hate you! y'all can get along just fine despite the differences! If you like blue and someone else likes pink and says "ew blue is such an ugly colour" you wouldn't lose your **** would you? It wouldn't mean they meant they hated anyone who liked blue - they just dislike the colour themselves! It's cool! we can disagree! And yeah we CAN debate, go ahead debate all you want but when you start getting pissed off and heated then it's like dude :colonhash:
you can still get on with blue-haters - you probably agree on other stuff (like how awesome Breaking Bad was, how good Krispy Kreme Reese's Peanut Butter donuts are... :drool: ) - favourite colour ain't a make or break

"BUT z33 A COLOUR IS NOT THE SAME AS A RELIGION" I know I know you can sit back down I'm just trying to make a point mkay :colonhash: it's exaggerated for a reason - so you can see that despite our differences, we can still get along and also how silly you sound

If you're someone who doesn't like the idea of that - then Great Britain ain't the place for you my friend
das right I said it ;3

You are the best ! :biggrin: :hugs:
+1 x100000000
1) they're not allowed to leave the religion - in most muslim countries, not only is that illegal but their families would probably honour-kill them.
2) there are verses that suggest that women should never be leaders. there are verses that say that a woman's testimony is worth half a man's. there are verses that say that women/wives can be beaten and that little girls can be basically sold into sexual slavery. there are verses that say that women cannot get the same inheritance money as a male in a will. either you're totallyignorant of your own religion you're totally full of ****.

again, you're totally out of your tiny mind. your defence here is like saying "stalin wasn't unfair - he only killed people who OUTWARDLY criticised him - he allowed people to have their own opinions in private"

well I'm obviously referring to adultery and blasphemy primarily but there is also the fact that you must have your hand cut off for theft and probably a lot more kinds of punishments (e.g. lashes!) of that variety.

yes, and it's horrifically barbaric. and why must it be done in an islamic country? because it'll be tolerated there? lol

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/insulters-islam.aspx

look to the link above

You're so blinded, honestly. Look at your claim. All the women of Islam WANT to leave the religion but they can't because their family will report them to the authorities in an islamic country and they will be executed (there is no such thing as honour killings in Islam btw. It is non-existent; honour killlings come from a person's culture eg in the Asian sub-continent). Now even if that outrageous claim WAS true, it becomes invalidated IMMEDIATELY because look at the women in the Western countrie. Why haven't THEY all left the religion? They can easily do so without being executed by the state. You're so deluded by your hatred for Islam.

Yes, a women's testimony is half and inheritance is shared differently but women and men have equal but different rights and this is accepted by all (look at the above paragraph for why this is true). The only people that have a problem with it is the West. THEY feel offended by this even though the Muslim women themselves are accepting of it. Don't force YOUR idea of equality onto other people, ESPECIALLY when it doesn't affect you yourself. Noone's forcing you to join the religion.

Also, are you actually crazy or an easily influenced 13-year-old? Little girls CANNOT be sold into sexual slavery, what are you talking about?!

Oh, so now you retract your blanket statement that people are killed for petty crimes? This is the second point you have retracted (the first being the war verses). This is great news! Also, yes. The hand is cut off for theft as long as it can be proven in a court but there is mercy sometimes because at one point, one of the successors in leadership after Muhammed (peace and prayers upon him), Umar ibn Al Khattab . . . He had suspended the cutting off the hand in the time of extreme poverty. If you disagree with cutting the hand off, that's fair dues to you.

You're allowed to not agree with the rulings on cutting the hand and homosexuality. That's your choice. Noone's forcing you to become a muslim, dude. These are OUR laws that WE abide by in our OWN society. It affects NOONE else outside of our community.
You clearly don't know much about statistics, you don't need to test an entire population to make a good estimate of the results for a large population. Given that the companies used in the surveys were experts in statistics and polling I will go with them instead if you know, one lone individual of no apparent experience.

I am letting them have it, where am I stopping them have it. But as a view it is inherently conflicting (agree or disagree is irrelevant to what was being discussed)

So in your opinion 69% of British Muslims aren't Muslims, so we can extend what your saying to say 100% of all Muslims believe in killing apostates. Regardless if you agree or disagree in the west such a view is regarded as hateful and my post was in response to somebody saying Islam isn't hateful because so few Muslims hold hateful and aggressive views

Same as above really, just demonstrate the current incompatibility and the problem with what luminary child was saying.

No no, you have provided NO evidence to which company this was and how successful they are. You have given non-information - "The companies are experts in surveys". Bring proof to your claim on their expertise.

Secondly, how does this show that Islam in noncompatible with Western countries? This is a very bold claim. I want you to ACTUALLY show me how Muslims are not compatible with the West in ACTUAL practice of everyday society.

I'm honestly getting sick and tired of you islamophobes on this forum.
You're so blinded, honestly. Look at your claim. All the women of Islam WANT to leave the religion but they can't because their family will report them to the authorities in an islamic country and they will be executed (there is no such thing as honour killings in Islam btw. It is non-existent; honour killlings come from a person's culture eg in the Asian sub-continent). Now even if that outrageous claim WAS true, it becomes invalidated IMMEDIATELY because look at the women in the Western countrie. Why haven't THEY all left the religion? They can easily do so without being executed by the state. You're so deluded by your hatred for Islam.

you're implying that there is a culture of liberalism for islam like there is for christianity - there isn't. there is for most parts of the world where christianity is the leading religion. arguably, the kind of belief system in the western world that christianity is, is a quasi-religion - nobody really gives a **** about what the bible even says. that's why the religion is still around - because nobody knows anything about it. that's contrasted with islam.

Yes, a women's testimony is half and inheritance is shared differently but women and men have equal but different rights and this is accepted by all (look at the above paragraph for why this is true). The only people that have a problem with it is the West. THEY feel offended by this even though the Muslim women themselves are accepting of it. Don't force YOUR idea of equality onto other people, ESPECIALLY when it doesn't affect you yourself. Noone's forcing you to join the religion.

LOL this is the kind of response I KNEW I was in store for: "it's equality except no it isn't except shut up"

Also, are you actually crazy or an easily influenced 13-year-old? Little girls CANNOT be sold into sexual slavery, what are you talking about?!

tell me: how old was muhammad's youngest wife? ohhhhhh

Oh, so now you retract your blanket statement that people are killed for petty crimes? This is the second point you have retracted (the first being the war verses). This is great news! Also, yes. The hand is cut off for theft as long as it can be proven in a court but there is mercy sometimes because at one point, one of the successors in leadership after Muhammed (peace and prayers upon him), Umar ibn Al Khattab . . . He had suspended the cutting off the hand in the time of extreme poverty. If you disagree with cutting the hand off, that's fair dues to you.

I never retracted the war verses. I said you were only talking about those and not others. and "only if it can be proven in a court" no ****ing ****, sherlock. that's not my problem with it. it is wrong whether it is proven or not!
What exactly is wrong with Islam bashing?

That most of it is fuelled by incorrect, misleading, Western propaganda from yours truly, Rupert Murdoch.

And that most of them have never actually picked up a Quran and have based all of their views from the media and seek to only cause more hatred.
you're implying that there is a culture of liberalism for islam like there is for christianity - there isn't. there is for most parts of the world where christianity is the leading religion. arguably, the kind of belief system in the western world that christianity is, is a quasi-religion - nobody really gives a **** about what the bible even says. that's why the religion is still around - because nobody knows anything about it. that's contrasted with islam.

LOL this is the kind of response I KNEW I was in store for: "it's equality except no it isn't except shut up"

tell me: how old was muhammad's youngest wife? ohhhhhh

I never retracted the war verses. I said you were only talking about those and not others. and "only if it can be proven in a court" no ****ing ****, sherlock. that's not my problem with it. it is wrong whether it is proven or not!

She was 9, what's that to do with sexual slavery?

You didn't really contest ANY of my points as I mentioned before; you just tried to poke fun at it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending