The Student Room Group

Sex - Women get it when they want. Men get it when they can

Scroll to see replies

Original post by morgan8002
It depends on the sequence being summed. If we're summing ur=ru_r = r, then u0=0u_0 = 0, but if we're summing ur=r22u_r = r^2 - 2, then u0=2u_0 = -2. Whether the 0th term exists depends on the sequence. Obviously it doesn't make sense to sum from 0 when the sequence starts from the r=1 term.

This website in a nutshell.

There's always a solution for everything. Literally.
It depends on the sequence being summed. If we're summing ur=ru_r = r, then u0=0u_0 = 0, but if we're summing ur=r22u_r = r^2 - 2, then u0=2u_0 = -2. Whether the 0th term exists depends on the sequence. Obviously it doesn't make sense to sum from 0 when the sequence starts from the r=1 term.

Understood this thanks.

Can I finally ask you what would you do if the term below the sigma read "r+1 (I assume this was a typo) and if the bottom said "2n" would you just do the same process although change the limits right?
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
Understood this thanks.

Can I finally ask you what would you do if the term below the sigma read "r+1 (I assume this was a typo) and if the bottom said "2n" would you just do the same process although change the limits right?

Do you mean k=2nr+1ak\displaystyle\sum_{k=2n}^{r+1} a_k or something else? I'd just start from the lower limit, writing a few of the values of the sums(after finding the appropriate difference formula), then ... then the last few until the upper limit and look at what cancels, just like starting from k=1.
What do you mean by change the limits? You could shift the indices of the sequence like k=1r+22nak+2n1\displaystyle\sum_{k=1}^{r +2- 2n} a_{k+2n-1}, but this often doesn't achieve anything(for particular sums it's useful though).
Original post by TheOneMusketeer
Tip: Go for shy, slightly insecure men (not too insecure 'cos they're annoying). They can even be good looking if they were fat or really skinny as children/teens. They are likely to overcompensate in bed and try to please you. Hard.

Thanks for the tip
Women use sex as a weapon or a prize to men I've noticed

'Okay you want be like that, no sex for you, and the man usually says sorry straight unless she's a toad, be like I aren't f***ing with you, got million things I rather f***ing do. But do that to a woman she like fine i'm phoning Derek or whoever.
Do you mean k=2nr+1ak\displaystyle\sum_{k=2n}^{r+1} a_k or something else? I'd just start from the lower limit, writing a few of the values of the sums(after finding the appropriate difference formula), then ... then the last few until the upper limit and look at what cancels, just like starting from k=1.
What do you mean by change the limits? You could shift the indices of the sequence like k=1r+22nak+2n1\displaystyle\sum_{k=1}^{r +2- 2n} a_{k+2n-1}, but this often doesn't achieve anything(for particular sums it's useful though).

Thank you, I meant by changing the limits what you described really.
Original post by KnightFluttershy
That DJ-P0N3 shirt is boss, not gonna lie.

please commit sudoku
Reply 87
Lol no.

Maths a level is kids stuff :P

Further maths is easy too. Don't get too gassed.
Original post by ETRC
Further maths is easy too. Don't get too gassed.

Idd :P

That is why i am doing afm and step :smile:
Reply 89
Idd :P

That is why i am doing afm and step :smile:

AFM is even easier lol. The extra modules are pointless and often easier than FM. FP3 is easier than FP2 imo. m1, m3 and m4 are basic only m2 is hard. Better to do a proper subject than so much maths. You literally gain nothing fro doing loads of maths.
Original post by ETRC
AFM is even easier lol. The extra modules are pointless and often easier than FM. FP3 is easier than FP2 imo. m1, m3 and m4 are basic only m2 is hard. Better to do a proper subject than so much maths. You literally gain nothing fro doing loads of maths.

Lol. And no its not. Even d2 is harder than the ******** essay subjects at a level rofl

I do 6...
Original post by AMaster1
Biologically, the reasoning behind men and sex is primarily to reproduce. Therefore, a high sex drive allowed that. Now you look at it, we have 7.3 bil on the planet and don't need another 7.3 bil. Now, it's all about the pleasure that men get from it. (Not saying that is women don't get it...) but it's true.

Remember that the reason women reproduced was to have children too. But, in the case of a woman, she would be concerned about the baby's future. Was the father good looking enough for the child to have a good life? Was the father carrying anything that could be passed on? Etc...

Also, I do apologise for having fortunately upper class handsome friends. Just needed to address that issue. And you're wrong with your statement about how women don't face rejection. We really do! And there aren't that many good looking guys out there... I lie, but there aren't enough for every woman to have one... All of you men have a chance, so stop beating yourself up about it!

Well perhaps your upper class friends are in a priviledged position of wealth and status which gives them some weight in attracting girls in addition to good looks. But for an ordinary handsome man on the street, unless he is strikingly stunning ie, he is a model in some form - then he is not going to be getting hot girls in any regular way (for the large part). Of course some do, but that's just some. Even in my group of friends I have handsome and confident friends and they are struggling to get laid and have gone on long droughts ... any guy who is being cocky on this thread is just in denial tbh.
Original post by AMaster1
Lol! First and foremost, I am a woman. Second, the men who I have been with are truly amazing men. They are handsome and have more to offer than a d*ck. They also have a life and a personality. Which is also important

But your implication is that any handsome chap with a personality will not struggle in getting laid. That's simple false unless the girl(s) in question are not particularly desirable in any way. That might be true in that case.

The only way handsome men are going to get laid regularly and without struggle are a) super handsome, ie model looks, tall and buffed etc b) comes with wealth and status c) some other unique trait such as being an especially good charmer or something such as that.

That's if we are talking about pretty girls, girls who are obviously hot and desired and will have X amount of men at their pool of choice. Without a b or c no handsome man with a decent personality is going to get pussy on a plate... that's a ridiculous assumption tbh because that would imply that for any hot girl he fancies he can almost always bag her which is just not the case. A girl might have 10-20 guys she knows personally who she could just call and say 'come to my place' that she's not going to just **** any guy for the sake of it in the way a guy would. The only way a guy could attract any girl in such a way is through a b or c but not your regular decent chap whose handsome.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by le_darkhorse
But your implication is that any handsome chap with a personality will not struggle in getting laid. That's simple false unless the girl(s) in question are not particularly desirable in any way. That might be true in that case.

The only way handsome men are going to get laid regularly and without struggle are a) super handsome, ie model looks, tall and buffed etc b) comes with wealth and status c) some other unique trait such as being an especially good charmer or something such as that.

That's if we are talking about pretty girls, girls who are obviously hot and desired and will have X amount of men at their pool of choice. Without a b or c no handsome man with a decent personality is going to get pussy on a plate... that's a ridiculous assumption tbh because that would imply that for any hot girl he fancies he can almost always bag her which is just not the case. A girl might have 10-20 guys she knows personally who she could just call and say 'come to my place' that she's not going to just **** any guy for the sake of it in the way a guy would. The only way a guy could attract any girl in such a way is through a b or c but not your regular decent chap whose handsome.

Well, I do beg your pardon. I don't mean to stroke my ego, but I luckily do have a "pool of choice" of men, as you so eloquently put it. I have met very handsome men, very rich men and men who are very good at charming. In fact, I went out to a dinner party last night with said "comes with wealth and status" kind of man, and I must admit, he is a) rather handsome, if I do say so myself, b) has wealth and status and c) a charmer too... However, I must say that I turned down his very generous offer, which did not even consist of s*x...

Would you like to hear something that I probably think that you will find crazy...? The one man I want is on a scale of 10 for all of these, a) a 7, b) not very wealth or status filled (4), and c) not really a charmer (5). He is just fun to be around and makes everyone around him beam with light. For those of you who know me, I do politely ask that you please keep his identity at bay. We were together for a long time, and I wish him all the best of luck in his endeavours and hope that he remembers the good times as much and as often as I do.

Le_darkhorse, what you must understand is that it isn't all about money, fame and status anymore. Men are not as threatened as they were in the 1920s about having a woman of higher status or wealth. There is no gender ladder... (I apologise to all actresses who feel they are not getting paid enough, and I stand by you). Yes, good looks help, but ultimately, if you don't ask, you don't get.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending