The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Fallowfield , Victoria park or City Campus?

so I was looking for an accommodation in the university of Manchester 2016 and I have to choose between those 3 campuses I was wondering if anyone could give me a brief information about the 3 and then state the best choice and why .
Thank you
fallowfield - the best and party campus - where all the fun people are
whitworth - great for those quiet people out there
city campus - for the internationals really
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
^^Gonna be different with OP being knocked down though. imo Sheavyn + Richmond will become louder, and so will some in Victoria (prolly Burkhardt).
Fallowfield is known as the party/social centre, however it's the furthest away from the uni (20 minute walk by all accounts). It's got a reputation for being loud, but that dies down around exam time. Victoria park is closer to the uni and slightly quieter, but also close to fallowfield so you can visit friends and parties there easily. City is a quick walk from the uni campus, is in the centre of the town, and therefore closest to the uni facilities such as the library. Mainly international students stay in those halls and I've heard that it can get very lonely and quiet there.
Have you read the first page of this thread? www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577
A lot of people will tell you that Victoria Park is quiet and no one ever goes out but I lived in Victoria Hall last year and I went out with my group of mates at least once a week and it was quiet enough for me to actually study when I needed to. My boyfriend lived in Owens Park and not only was my room 10 times nicer than his but we'd always get woken up at like 4am by people coming back from nights out and deciding to continue the party in the common room, not fun when you had to be in for 9am! Fallowfield is known as the party campus but everyone I know who lived there said it was really difficult to work when they needed to.
I live the Victoria Park area, and it is really quiet but that suits me. I go out a lot but it's nice to come home to somewhere quiet.
I've visited friends in Fallowfield and it didn't seem too crazy, but I imagine it was in freshers
Original post by Mworswick
I live the Victoria Park area, and it is really quiet but that suits me. I go out a lot but it's nice to come home to somewhere quiet.
I've visited friends in Fallowfield and it didn't seem too crazy, but I imagine it was in freshers

Which accommodation are you in? :smile: I've applied to Victoria Hall and Opal Gardens
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Which accommodation are you in? :smile: I've applied to Victoria Hall and Opal Gardens

I'm in Dalton Ellis
Original post by govttookmybaby
^^Gonna be different with OP being knocked down though. imo Sheavyn + Richmond will become louder, and so will some in Victoria (prolly Burkhardt).

Don't think they'll be knocked down this summer though (at least not all). We have one more year with Squirrels, for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending