The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No, you're not alone! I can't believe how much there is to learn! However, according to my history teacher, the exam will be relatively easy, as long as you know the facts. I've just spent 2 hours revising economy and women.......

What other modules are you doing?

I'm doing Seeds of Evil and Liberals 1905-1915.
I did that last year and learnt loads for it!! It's also the easiest History Exam there is!!
Reply 3
I am also doing seeds of evil, but I am also doing the rise of fascism in Italy

I have no idea how easy this paper is, but what I do know is that I have had to revise pages of facts and quotes. Hopefully it will all pay off. Tonight doing the economy and it is just fact upon endless fact...
Reply 4
I did the Hitler one last year, spent ages on it but upon reflection it probably was the easiest one. Did the Fascism one too - that one's a bit harder and you can't really blag it either :frown: so you need to learn the facts better than the rest!
I'm doing this one, the seeds of evil and Weimar - so all Germany!
There seems to be sooo much to learn, and each subsection ie: Nazi Economic Policy has loads attached to it, exam is on monday ahhhhhh
Reply 6
poohoop999
Doing As history unit 3, life in Hitler's Germany 1933-39, typed myself some notes (facts, dates, quotes) which amount to 43 pages!! So far I've learn 26 pages by heart, but it seems so much for just 90 UMS. Am I alone?

I don't think you'll need all 43 pages to get full marks.
Reply 7
Yeah, but jsuper, I have had bad experince with mr.edexcel history so my plan is to learnt thousands of dates, facts, quotes and historiography by heart so even if they throw a spanner into the works I will be able to manage.

The test is on monday and I still need to learn opposition and churches!!
Reply 8
How would they "throw a spanner into the works" ? There are only a certain number of questions they can ask, they're not exactly going to hit you with a question that nobody was expecting.

Don't get bogged down by learning thousands of facts - you'll never have the opportunity nor the time to use the majority of them in the exam.

Latest