The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Experience for those interested in acting

Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing a Creative Digital Media course at UTC Sheffield and our current task (a friend and I) is to create a film trailer. For this we need to source actors - we have almost fully planned our film trailer but haven't had success in finding actors yet.

As Sheffield Hallam University is close to the UTC, we wanted to try asking here to see if anyone who goes to the uni is interested in being in our trailer. We are looking for three people who are interested in acting / theatre and who are:

-Male (of university age, hence why I'm posting here)
-Any ethnicity
Ideally you have good chemistry as you would be playing three friends.

The film trailer is of the horror genre and the plot centres around three friends who go camping in the woods one night. The location of the woods is Norfolk Heritage Park, about a 15-20 minute walk from the city centre.

Filming could potentially start as early as Wednesday 3rd February depending on any interest from here and whether our planning is finished. If not, it would be able to take place on:

Wednesday 17th February 11am - 1pm
Friday 19th February 9am - 1pm
Monday 22nd February 9am - 1pm

and at these times on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays until filming is complete. It shouldn't take any more than three days.

Obviously we don't have a budget so we would be asking for your service free of charge, but starring in the trailer would be good experience if anyone is looking to get into an acting career.

We can send you more detailed information if you are interested.

Thank you for reading!
Sorry I missed this T-Alex as I love acting

Hope all went swimmingly for you and your friend for your project
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Cheers for the update too T-Alex, it's cool to meet people who "talk films" in another from the big-wig mega company's like Warner's etc! You gain a much clearer understanding of the industry and appreciate "home-made" better through the likes of so I find
Original post by ToffeeAlex
Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing a Creative Digital Media course at UTC Sheffield and our current task (a friend and I) is to create a film trailer. For this we need to source actors - we have almost fully planned our film trailer but haven't had success in finding actors yet.

As Sheffield Hallam University is close to the UTC, we wanted to try asking here to see if anyone who goes to the uni is interested in being in our trailer. We are looking for three people who are interested in acting / theatre and who are:

-Male (of university age, hence why I'm posting here)
-Any ethnicity
Ideally you have good chemistry as you would be playing three friends.

The film trailer is of the horror genre and the plot centres around three friends who go camping in the woods one night. The location of the woods is Norfolk Heritage Park, about a 15-20 minute walk from the city centre.

Filming could potentially start as early as Wednesday 3rd February depending on any interest from here and whether our planning is finished. If not, it would be able to take place on:

Wednesday 17th February 11am - 1pm
Friday 19th February 9am - 1pm
Monday 22nd February 9am - 1pm

and at these times on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays until filming is complete. It shouldn't take any more than three days.

Obviously we don't have a budget so we would be asking for your service free of charge, but starring in the trailer would be good experience if anyone is looking to get into an acting career.

We can send you more detailed information if you are interested.

Thank you for reading!

Hi Alex,

How did your filming go? :smile:

Laura
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi Alex,

How did your filming go? :smile:

Laura

Here, here .... it sounds awesome

Hope it went good Alex
Are going to be doing another Film Alex mate?
Reply 6
Hey can I giv acting a whirl with you Al please

I fancy myself as a Rob D-Niro or Brad Pitt

Send me a pri mge
Reply 7
I am sorry op but I thought you may have considered replying to my post here

Sorry btw to the mods I can not add my thread to my above one, as am new at this game
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending