The Student Room Group

Is Islam the problem?

With all it's extremist wackos and plain terrorists I was wondering whether it is Islam that has made these people that way, or would they have been extremists and terrorists regardless?

I'd like to hear some opinions on this. :h:
I think we have too many threads related to this lately, it is not THE problem it is simply a problem.
Original post by Dinasaurus
I think we have too many threads related to this lately, it is not THE problem it is simply a problem.

Yeah, there are a lot of threads about Islam lately. Whoops! :teehee:
We've had terrorism in other groups, these stand out more because they've escalated to be more severe and more media coverage.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Well obviously there would have been terrorists/extremists regardless.
Islam is a problem.

The extremist nut jobs from any religious ideology are basically the same. It is the disposition and population of the moderates that make Islam a crisis. Christian moderates for example, could be described as people who go to church on Sunday, pray occasionally, and generally believe tolerance is a virtue. As a result the radical Christians are shunned by their own community. Muslim moderates on the other hand, dedicate their lives to islam, support Sharia law, and consider beliefs in conflict with Islam to be offensive. As a result radical Muslims can find some sanctuary within their community. Yes Islam is a threat to anyone who wishes to preserve western values.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by F.Nietzsche
With all it's extremist wackos and plain terrorists I was wondering whether it is Islam that has made these people that way, or would they have been extremists and terrorists regardless?

Original post by HAnwar
Well obviously there would have been terrorists/extremists regardless.

you could argue some muslim convert would have gone on to do dumb things regardless - they never seem to be the smartest tools in the box and many fit the architypal unsettled loner, unable to achieve in mainstream society. certainly those that joined islamic state see something in that lifestyle that appeals to them, whether it be the violence or depravity, or simply a sense of automatic belonging that they could not earn in regular society. islam has a long history of war and vioent extremisms ( tho in days past 'extremism was simply normal interpretation). i think the internet is the actual catalyst to the problem- as it spreads dogma far faster to the simple minded then it ever was in the previous 1000 years
(edited 8 years ago)
The media is the problem.

And the people who run the media, also control the banking system and political system.
Reply 8
Sure.
another one of these threads, man cant you just search it..
Please search RADA and see if you can answer my questions please i need help ASAP
Original post by F.Nietzsche

No. Kafir, apostates, LGBT's, permissive women, Sunni Muslims and Israeli's are the problem.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by democracyforum
The media is the problem.

And the people who run the media, also control the banking system and political system.

indeed, we all are aware of the medias influence in beheadings, funding of islamist ideology and global sectarian wars. the media has a lot to answer for, as do bankers, politicians, teachers, farmers, gangster rappers, ballet dancers, basically anyone and anything that has no link to islam ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending