London South Bank University
London

PGDIP ADULT NURSING APL!!! Help SEPT 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lalavargo
H.mcdaid

Congratulations on your offer, I've just completed my APL portfolio and have been given an official offer. The APL portfolio is for the university to check that you are able to actually complete the course in the 2 years rather then the 3 years you would need for undergraduate.

It can seem daunting, but all you need to do is prove your degree certificate, degree transcript, CV, complete the life science work book, which covers the basics of human biology, and if your first degree was more then 5 years ago you will need to send a supporting personal statement to show how your degree has been helpful since you've left. Anything extra, the advisor they give you will help you through it.

Try not to panick, there success rate for passing APL is really good. Plus they have workshops to help you through it

Ah this is great to know thank you! :smile: Out of interest how long did it take to receive your official offer after submitting the portfolio. Unfortunately as I'm so late with application there weren't workshops however I am working on it today. The advisor will be away for two weeks but when he's back I will submit then and maybe send a draft to him tomorrow. Unfortunately because I have to give notice at work I am worried as it will be very tight for when he gets back to receiving the offer if it passes and then giving notice :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
London
Reply 21
Which course are you doing at LSBU, children's or adults? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Very helpful information. Tnx alot. Hope it goes well with me too.
Hi Jess_cw

Glad i could help 😊. With regards to how long it took to receive an official offer, all in all 21 days. This is only because I submitted it on the deadline, which was the 1st July 16. I'm sure others submitted there's earlier and so would receive an early response also.

If you haven't been to a workshop, they would send you documents through email to help you complete the actual APL work book. Please be sure to get a professional worker e.g. social worker, nurse, teacher to sign your form. If you google professional job titles you will see who you can get to sign your portfolio if you've worked with them.

If you have to give notice for work, its probably a good idea to start applying for your bursary from now just in case. I think there's a mid August deadline. That way you can cover yourself once work ends, don't wait.

I've chosen adult nursing 😊 so so excited, its taken 3 years to finally get a place.

Hope it goes well for you
Reply 24
Tnx .
I have already applied for bursary and it's been approved.
Are u doing a PGD adult nursing? Which Uni?
I got a place in Hertfordshire for Msc Adult nursing only for 2yrs. If u are in there too, I will see u next week for the registration hopefully.
Reply 25
Original post by jess_cw
Ah this is great to know thank you! :smile: Out of interest how long did it take to receive your official offer after submitting the portfolio. Unfortunately as I'm so late with application there weren't workshops however I am working on it today. The advisor will be away for two weeks but when he's back I will submit then and maybe send a draft to him tomorrow. Unfortunately because I have to give notice at work I am worried as it will be very tight for when he gets back to receiving the offer if it passes and then giving notice :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Jess

How did your APL draft go? I sent mind on Monday and got the out of office response so now I am very worried that it may not be approved as I had a few questions about it.
Original post by Lila A
Tnx .
I have already applied for bursary and it's been approved.
Are u doing a PGD adult nursing? Which Uni?
I got a place in Hertfordshire for Msc Adult nursing only for 2yrs. If u are in there too, I will see u next week for the registration hopefully.

Hi Lila
Im doing PGD adult nursing at Southbank university...2 years also.
Wishing you all the best with your studies
Original post by ReaErin
It's going ok ...I went to one of the workshops so my questions were answered. If you haven't been to one definately go I'm going to send a draft copy

can you please help me with my apl? i have one to complete for my pgdip adult nursing and have no idea what it is, the format it takes or even how to start it. Thanks.
Reply 28
Hi there,I am a late in applying to MSc Adult nursing, UCAS completed Wed, invited to interview yesterday for next Thurs and I've now been given an APL and presentation to write and due to work only have this weekend to cover. Can anyone please give any relevant pointers that may assist me? Thanks.
how are you getting on, i am also stuck on the APL. Do we have to do it like an essay? please can you send me a draft copy too please for south bank
Original post by casinddy_j
can you please help me with my apl? i have one to complete for my pgdip adult nursing and have no idea what it is, the format it takes or even how to start it. Thanks.
I know am 3 years too late but how can you help with the apl and science work book .I just got a conditional offer with lsbc
Where will you find this workshop please?
Hi Jess, I'm in the same boat as you were in - I have a conditional offer from LSBU for the PgDip Children's Nursing course. Could you tell me what the APL and Life Sciences Workbook actually entail?My first degree was in English Literature, so I won't be able to claim any previous degree-level knowledge of human biology or anything like that. The last time I studied science was at GCSE. Is that going to be a problem? I'm slightly worried I won't be able to pass it based on my previous academic experience, however it didn't ever say anywhere that you needed science qualifications to get on the course. Also, do you need any practical health-care related experience to pass it?Many thanks :smile:
Hi
I’m interested in your question - did you get a reply re the health related experience? Thanks, C
Hi, yes so you need 262 hours of ‘practical’ experience for London South Bank Uni. They prefer this to be in a healthcare related setting but it can be anything that’s hands-on e.g. teaching assistant, childcare, volunteering with Scouts/Guides etc.
Thanks - I also have an offer for September but for Adult Nursing so waiting to get a bit more info about what / how APL works…
Reply 36
Original post by carinar123
Thanks - I also have an offer for September but for Adult Nursing so waiting to get a bit more info about what / how APL works…

Me too I have gotten and offer for this September as well but I have not started yet. Just going through the form at the moment. The deadline is fast approaching. Good luck with yours.
You too… just started to fill mine in today!
Original post by carinar123
You too… just started to fill mine in today!

Original post by Alvined
Me too I have gotten and offer for this September as well but I have not started yet. Just going through the form at the moment. The deadline is fast approaching. Good luck with yours.

I also got a place for this September for Adult Nursing. Just started on my Workbook last night. Good luck everyone
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Snowcone23
I also got a place for this September for Adult Nursing. Just started on my Workbook last night. Good luck everyone

Thanks great news - nice to meet some people on this route! Hope the booklets go ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending