Sheffield
Visit website

Adult Nursing Sep 2016 intake?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elsbels1
Thankyou Maya! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Elsebels1,

No probs at all! If you have any more questions get in touch! Such an exciting time :h::h:!!

Maya
(Student Ambassador)
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Hi everyone! I have received a conditional offer for adult nursing sep' 2016 at Sheff Hallam, and I am going to confirm it soon, so I'm posting to see who I'll be seeing in September! :smile:
hello! I will also (hopefully) but attending Sheffield Hallam for adult nursing, was wondering if you had sorted your bursary out?? :smile:
Reply 22
I've signed up for the 20th July for the pre course enrolment thingy!
Also post the link for the Facebook group if you don't mind 😌
Original post by Msmith4
I have signed up for that date too! 😊
Reply 24
I've signed up for the 6th because I'm on holiday on the 20th! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Hi, I'm currently applying for student finance. Now because i'm going to receiving the nhs bursary, it's stating i can only apply for a reduced loan, non means tested. Is this the same for others?
Im starting in September and I've applied for Victoria Halls and Fenton/Opal :smile:
Original post by Msmith4

I have signed up for that date too :smile:
hi guys,

im applying for adult nursing for 2017 and was hoping you could let me know how the interview process was like and what it included :smile:
Reply 29
Hi!! I think you've made a great choice to study here, I absolutely love it so far!! My interview started with a general chat for everyone in a lecture theatre, and then we were led into a separate room for our group exercise - which was to build a structure steady enough to hold a golfball (out of newspaper and sellotape might I add!!) the lecturers walked around and assessed you but it was great working as a team. Then we had our individual interviews, and they asked things such as "what current issues are there in nursing?" "Could you give me an example of a time you should compassion?" etc. It lasted about 10 mins but it was so relaxed and everyone was so nice!! 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh sounds good!! so no presentations xD I hate doing them!
Reply 31
No presentations haha!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
No presentations haha!!

can you also advise me could i work in my first year or are you doing placements? :smile:
[QUOTE="tonimaria;68177394"]
No presentations haha!!

can you also advise me could i work in my first year or are you doing placements? :smile:

Hi Toni Maria,

Good luck with your application! Nursing Courses at Sheffield Hallam are a mixture of time in university and time on placement. Students are able to combine work and study but it does require good organisation!

I have found that during my time in university I have been a bit more flexible, however when on placement you are expected to work a 40 hour week so fitting a job around this is more difficult.

I would say really it will depend on you and how you find the course. There are lots of things to get used to when starting a new course it might be worth seeing how you go initially and then making a decision.

Hope this is helpful!

Thanks
Kat
Current Student at Sheffield Hallam University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending