The Student Room Group

Any of the older guys still around?

Wzz, Blackhawk, drewski, LadyVenom and a few others.

You all gave me helpful advice 6 years ago but I cannot find my thread. Lots have changed within those 6 years. Two Reviews, changes to OASC, RPAS is a role you can now directly apply for upon entry, changes/reductions in manpower, many platforms are gone (Nimrod, Harrier, Sea King?, the slow withdrawal of the Tornado platform as the Lightning comes in to replace?).

I made my first post in 2008 before A levels, but I cannot find that account/post, this one was all I could remember.

Other than that, business as usual with the Armed Forces, I have my Filter Interview coming up. May have a few more questions later on down the application process if you guys are still around, seems like you are I've seen a few posts from you all in the shadows.

I hope this doesn't make you feel old.
Original post by hezzlington

Wzz popped in a year or so ago iirc, but just a 'touch and go'. Blackhawk not seen since motherhood was reported, suspect she has far more important things to do! Drewski is still around and active on TSR, surprised he hasn't see this. Lady Venom - at Sandhurst hoping for an AAC case last I heard, but that was several years ago.
Original post by threeportdrift
Wzz popped in a year or so ago iirc, but just a 'touch and go'. Blackhawk not seen since motherhood was reported, suspect she has far more important things to do! Drewski is still around and active on TSR, surprised he hasn't see this. Lady Venom - at Sandhurst hoping for an AAC case last I heard, but that was several years ago.

Thanks, forgot to tag you too, you also helped out in the thread. I realized I had made 2 accounts around the same time, one used my real name, and was encouraged to make another account using a different name, but I managed to find the thread and had responses from all of you, 6 years ago now. Time flies. I rather not revive it for privacy reasons, but it was one of those cringey "I'm 18 and doing A levels and want to be a pilot" threads.

I've interacted with Drewski already.

Even some of the older guys at pprune/arrse are still around. Too much 'banter' on arrse these days, so TSR it is for now.
Reply 3
Yeah, I've still got nothing better to do.
Original post by Drewski
Yeah, I've still got nothing better to do.

I thought you were serving?
Original post by hezzlington

Even some of the older guys at pprune/arrse are still around. Too much 'banter' on arrse these days, so TSR it is for now.

Are you sure the armed forces are for you?

The banter on arrse is fairly tame compared to life in the military.

SS

Spoiler

Original post by Supersaps
Are you sure the armed forces are for you?

The banter on arrse is fairly tame compared to life in the military.

SS

Spoiler

Oh, behave!

Quick Reply

Latest