The Student Room Group

maths question help please

Hi guys can anyone explain this maths question to me please and what order you calculate it i haven't studied for 30 years so i've completely forgotten
Thanks
.736 x 385400 + 12652 x 1.83
divided by
Multiplication and division first, then addition
Reply 2
Use a calculator buddy, it'll do it all for you. Best thing since sliced bread. Better invention than the round wheel.
BIDMAS.
Reply 4
all levels?
Original post by Mikey448
Use a calculator buddy, it'll do it all for you. Best thing since sliced bread. Better invention than the round wheel.

better to know how the answer came about though although a calculator is much easier on the brain lol
Original post by trigggered
Multiplication and division first, then addition

so are you saying .736 x 385400 x 1.83 divided by56000 +12652 ?

Thanks
Original post by TeeEm
all levels?

i thought i had clicked other
Reply 8
Original post by riversider1969
i thought i had clicked other

no worries
Do the two multiplications first, then add the two answers together, and then divide the whole thing by 56000. You use a rule called BIDMAS which stands for Brackets, Indices, Division, Multiplication, Addition and Subtraction. This states the order in which different things are done in an equation.
Original post by shootstuff007
Do the two multiplications first, then add the two answers together, and then divide the whole thing by 56000. You use a rule called BIDMAS which stands for Brackets, Indices, Division, Multiplication, Addition and Subtraction. This states the order in which different things are done in an equation.

Thanks Shootstuff

Quick Reply

Latest