The Student Room Group

Graduate entry nursing nottingham 2017

Hi everyone!

I am wondering if anyone has applied for the graduate entry to nursing st Nottingham uni starting in January next year, and how everyone is going with applications etc.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Danniep22
Hi everyone!

I am wondering if anyone has applied for the graduate entry to nursing st Nottingham uni starting in January next year, and how everyone is going with applications etc.

Hi Danniep22

I have already submitted my application to study GEN (adult branch)... I am from a biomedical science background. I have care experience and I have volunteered in a hospital.. I have not yet received any correspondence from Nottingham yet :-/ When is the closing date to study GEN?
Reply 2
Original post by Ciao85
Hi Danniep22

I have already submitted my application to study GEN (adult branch)... I am from a biomedical science background. I have care experience and I have volunteered in a hospital.. I have not yet received any correspondence from Nottingham yet :-/ When is the closing date to study GEN?

Ahh so nice to hear from you! :-)

I think the closing date was middle of january. They emailed me to say they would send me a letter with interview info towards the end of January but haven't had anything yet... I'm probably just a little impatient about it- really want to get on the course!

I am currently finishing a law degree. I too have worked in a care home since I was 15 and been a carer since I was 18- so hoping that I have enough and they like me!
Reply 3
Ahh so nice to hear from you! :-)

I think the closing date was middle of january. They emailed me to say they would send me a letter with interview info towards the end of January but haven't had anything yet... I'm probably just a little impatient about it- really want to get on the course!

I am currently finishing a law degree. I too have worked in a care home since I was 15 and been a carer since I was 18- so hoping that I have enough and they like me!

Hey Danniep22

After you submitted your application to UCAS, did you receive an email from Nottingham university stating that they have received your application?

Why the transition from law to nursing?
Reply 4
Original post by Ciao85
Hey Danniep22

After you submitted your application to UCAS, did you receive an email from Nottingham university stating that they have received your application?

Why the transition from law to nursing?

Yeah I did, did you?

I've always wanted to be a nurse but also wanted to study law as I find it very interesting and is a 'solid' degree to keep options open!

Also felt too young at 18 to do nursing needed more experience etc.

How about you?
Reply 5
Yeah I did, did you?

I've always wanted to be a nurse but also wanted to study law as I find it very interesting and is a 'solid' degree to keep options open!

Also felt too young at 18 to do nursing needed more experience etc.

How about you?

Better employment prospects compared to biomedical science / laboratory career (did not mention that in my ps.).

I want to integrate my scientific / medical knowledge into a clinical prospective where I know I will make a positive impact on the quality of a person's life....and this will give to me a grate sense of gratitude and satisfaction in my career / life....
Reply 6
Original post by Ciao85
Better employment prospects compared to biomedical science / laboratory career (did not mention that in my ps.).

I want to integrate my scientific / medical knowledge into a clinical prospective where I know I will make a positive impact on the quality of a person's life....and this will give to me a grate sense of gratitude and satisfaction in my career / life....

Brill. :smile:

Have you heard anything since applying?
Reply 7
I haven't received any emails from nott' uni yet, not even one after i submitted my application. Did you receive an email from nottingham university after you submitted your application?
Reply 8
Original post by Ciao85
I haven't received any emails from nott' uni yet, not even one after i submitted my application. Did you receive an email from nottingham university after you submitted your application?

Yeah I did but I wouldn't worry - it went into my junk mail did you check that?
Reply 9
Yeah I did but I wouldn't worry - it went into my junk mail did you check that?

There are no emails from Nottingham uni in my inbox and spam... :-/ The other universities that I applied to study nursing have sent emails stating that they have received my application.. I really want to study GEN at Nottingham... I have sent an email to nottingham uni to enquire if they have / have not received my application.
Reply 10
[QUOTE="Ciao85;62532171"]There are no emails from Nottingham uni in my inbox and spam... :-/ The other universities that I applied to study nursing have sent emails stating that they have received my application.. I really want to study GEN at Nottingham... I have sent an email to nottingham uni to enquire if they have / have not received my application.[/QUOTE

Yeah that's the best idea - good luck! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about x
Reply 11
[QUOTE="Danniep22;62562373"]
Original post by Ciao85
There are no emails from Nottingham uni in my inbox and spam... :-/ The other universities that I applied to study nursing have sent emails stating that they have received my application.. I really want to study GEN at Nottingham... I have sent an email to nottingham uni to enquire if they have / have not received my application.[/QUOTE

Yeah that's the best idea - good luck! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about x

Have you received anything yet!I did receive a letter today inviting me for an interview....but they hv not updated it on Ucas yet
Reply 12
Ring the university admissions there a lady there...She will give answers or have some from the department to ring you ...like they did with me.I have received a letter for interview today
Reply 13
Original post by Tinxx30
Ring the university admissions there a lady there...She will give answers or have some from the department to ring you ...like they did with me.I have received a letter for interview today

Yay me too!
Reply 14
Yay me too!

What which branch Danniep22 !
Reply 15
Original post by Tinxx30
What which branch Danniep22 !

for adult nursing :smile:

how about you?

i am nervous though!
Reply 16
I applied for both Graduate Adult/Mental!
But my mind is set on Adult branch....So this must be for Adult...I need to ring them soon....

Am getting Anxious!!
Reply 17
Original post by Tinxx30
I applied for both Graduate Adult/Mental!
But my mind is set on Adult branch....So this must be for Adult...I need to ring them soon....

Am getting Anxious!!

What's that sorry - have you had an invitation for interview?
Reply 18
What's that sorry - have you had an invitation for interview?

Yes i did!But they did state which course it is for!!So am gonna hv to ring them
Reply 19
Just rang them...the interview is for both....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending