The Student Room Group

Graduate entry nursing nottingham 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Tinxx30
Just rang them...the interview is for both....

Yayyy well done! What dates yours one?
Reply 21
Original post by Danniep22
Yayyy well done! What dates yours one?

Mine is on Tuesday 12th April at 1300hrs!!
When is yours
Reply 22
Hello! I've also applied to nottingham (actually it was my only choice) for the GEN mental health nursing to start next Jan, I only applied at the start of Feb- the course still says it is open for applications now! I have done a degree at Nottingham in Plant Science so im not sure whether that is applicable enough and im currently working in a care home for dementia patients. I am getting so impatient!! And i haven't received any emails from Nottingham :frown: How long did it take Notts to get back to you about interviews, I need some kind of time frame, I keep checking my emails and then getting more anxious that i havent heard anything :/ Good luck with your interviews!
Reply 23
Original post by stysh
Hello! I've also applied to nottingham (actually it was my only choice) for the GEN mental health nursing to start next Jan, I only applied at the start of Feb- the course still says it is open for applications now! I have done a degree at Nottingham in Plant Science so im not sure whether that is applicable enough and im currently working in a care home for dementia patients. I am getting so impatient!! And i haven't received any emails from Nottingham :frown: How long did it take Notts to get back to you about interviews, I need some kind of time frame, I keep checking my emails and then getting more anxious that i havent heard anything :/ Good luck with your interviews!

Hey!I applied mine last year in Nov!Am sure they will be having loads of interview slots even in May since course starts in Jan.Why dnt you ring the admission department, they might be able to help.All the best and thank you for wishing us well on the coming Interview...
Reply 24
Hi There, I've applied for GEN adult at Nottingham and have an interview on April 1st (hope this isn't an omen). What are you all doing about accommodation. I know the halls are for post grad nurses and medics so won't be like the normal student halls but they still seem really expensive.
Reply 25
Wooo! Ive got an interview too, so pleased but terrified!
Reply 26
Original post by EllieT21
Hi There, I've applied for GEN adult at Nottingham and have an interview on April 1st (hope this isn't an omen). What are you all doing about accommodation. I know the halls are for post grad nurses and medics so won't be like the normal student halls but they still seem really expensive.

Yikes they are expensive aren't they?! If I were to get a place I would probably privately rent somewhere (shared house) especially as the course starts in Jan im not sure how the uni accommodation contracts would fit round that...

Good luck for your interview!
Reply 27
I have been shortlisted for an interview to study GEN. I'm really nervous about the MMIs....
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
Yea i think id be looking to share with other nurses I think - same lifestyle and all. My interview is on friday - im so nervous, really don't know what to expect
Reply 29
Original post by Ciao85
Heyy, I have been shortlisted for an interview to study GEN. I'm really nervous about the MMIs....

when is ur interview
Reply 30
Original post by Ciao85
I have been shortlisted for an interview to study GEN. I'm really nervous about the MMIs....

Original post by Tinxx30
when is ur interview

My interview is on the 13th in the afternoon :-/
Hi everyone :smile:

I had my interview for the GEN nursing course on Tuesday 12th April. Just wondering whether anyone has heard anything back yet?
Reply 32
Original post by Jordlou1792
Hi everyone :smile:

I had my interview for the GEN nursing course on Tuesday 12th April. Just wondering whether anyone has heard anything back yet?

Hi,
I had my interview 30th March and haven't heard anything.
They said by the end of April.
How did u find the interview?
Ah I see thank you for that :smile: it might be even sooner as at mine last Tuesday they said we would hear within the week! So fingers crossed we hear something shortly! God I thought it was pretty intense. Especially in comparison to some of the others I've been too! The bells stressed me out! Some of the rooms I think I did reasonably well in, whereas others (mainly the video and the safeguarding question) I definitely crashed and burned haha. How do you think it went?
Reply 34
Ah I see thank you for that :smile: it might be even sooner as at mine last Tuesday they said we would hear within the week! So fingers crossed we hear something shortly! God I thought it was pretty intense. Especially in comparison to some of the others I've been too! The bells stressed me out! Some of the rooms I think I did reasonably well in, whereas others (mainly the video and the safeguarding question) I definitely crashed and burned haha. How do you think it went?

No problem :smile:
Ahh hopefully that means we find out today or tomorrow then?!
Yeah I'm the same- some I thought were OK othersi wasn't too sure about. Quite intense just hope it went alright!
Which branch have you applied for?
I hope so! The admissions officer said last week was the last week of interviews so we should know "within the week". So hopefully today or tomorrow like you say!

Fingers crossed for you that it did! I've applied for the Mental Health branch as I have a Psychology degree and work in that field now. What about yourself? Have you applied anywhere else?
Reply 36
I hope so! The admissions officer said last week was the last week of interviews so we should know "within the week". So hopefully today or tomorrow like you say!

Fingers crossed for you that it did! I've applied for the Mental Health branch as I have a Psychology degree and work in that field now. What about yourself? Have you applied anywhere else?

Ahh that's scary!
I applied for adult - I have got a place at Sheffield aswell, but I'd rather go to nottingham as its closer to where I live.
How about you?
Ah yeah that makes more sense then. I applied for Sheffield too but it's a bit too far for me to commute! I have a place at Derby which is where I'm from so if Notts reject me I'll be going there :smile:
Reply 38
Ah yeah that makes more sense then. I applied for Sheffield too but it's a bit too far for me to commute! I have a place at Derby which is where I'm from so if Notts reject me I'll be going there :smile:

Ahh that's good! Is that for undergraduate at Derby?
It is! Don't really fancy doing another three years mind you but needs must! Is yours at Sheffield for the diploma or the undergrad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending