The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Are you coming to visit us on a UCAS applicant Open Day??

Hi Everyone,

If you have applied through UCAS and are lucky enough to have been offered a place on a course here at Bangor University then you should have also been invited to visit us on one of our UCAS applicant Open Days running from late January to the end of March.

These visit days are a great opportunity to get to know the staff and students in your department as well of getting a taste of life at Bangor.

Please follow the link for more information:
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/openday.php.en

Comment below if you are coming and look out for us working hard on the day :smile:

The Bangor University Official Reps (Sera and Ffion)
Reply 1
Got my confirmation through the post a couple of weeks ago confirming my place for Wednesday 17th Feb! :biggrin:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by Absolute.
Got my confirmation through the post a couple of weeks ago confirming my place for Wednesday 17th Feb! :biggrin:

That's great! What department will you be visiting?

Ffion (Official Bangor University Rep)
Reply 3
Original post by Bangor Uni
That's great! What department will you be visiting?

The School of Computer Science. Very excited!
The School of Computer Science. Very excited!

I'm sure you will have a great time! Feel free to get in touch before the visit if you have any questions.

Reply 5
What times will these UCAS open days happen?
Original post by DionWyn
What times will these UCAS open days happen?

Hi Dion,

Have you registered for a UCAS Applicant Open Day?

Sera (Official Student Rep)
Hi there,

I have just got my offer to study here however my entry is deferred form 2017 entry, should I apply for a 2016 applicant open day or should I wait till 2017?
I will be studying sociology and social policy if I accept bangor as my first choice
Reply 8
Dw i heb wedi gwneud cais i fynd eto. Dw i angen gwybod faint or gloch maent yn cael ei gynnal fel fy mod yn medru mynd.
i've been trying to sign up for an applicant's day but it won't work (it keeps highlighting the uk bit but i'm from ireland)
Original post by DionWyn
Dw i heb wedi gwneud cais i fynd eto. Dw i angen gwybod faint or gloch maent yn cael ei gynnal fel fy mod yn medru mynd.

Hi Dion,

Mae'r sesiwn bore sy'n cynnwys ymweliad a'r neuaddau preswyl a chyflwyniadau yn cychwyn am 9.30 yn y Prif Adeilad neu mae'n bosib i ti gyrraedd erbyn 12.20 er mwyn ymweld â dy adran yn unig. Mi fydd y wybodaeth berthnasol yn cael ei anfon i ti yn y post ar ol i ti gofrestru.

Diolch yn Fawr

Ffion (Cynrychiolydd Swyddogol Prifysgol Bangor)
Original post by Cullen_Loftus
Hi there,

I have just got my offer to study here however my entry is deferred form 2017 entry, should I apply for a 2016 applicant open day or should I wait till 2017?
I will be studying sociology and social policy if I accept bangor as my first choice

Hi,

It is entirely your choice, we would be happy to welcome you to an applicant day both this year and next year!

If you are unsure about deciding on your firm choice then attending one of our applicant days this year might be advantageous as you will need to make your decision this year despite deferring entry.But do bear in mind that by also attending an applicant day in 2017 you will receive the most up to date information about your course, facilities etc.

Like I said it is your decision and you are very welcome to attend both this year and next.

Original post by bisolarsystem
i've been trying to sign up for an applicant's day but it won't work (it keeps highlighting the uk bit but i'm from ireland)

Hi,

If you are having difficulties signing up for an applicant day I would suggest that you get in touch by email with the department that you intend on visiting in order to get signed up.

What department are you hoping to visit? There are contact details for all of the different schools offering applicant days on this link:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/visit.php.en

Thank You

I did about four days ago and haven't heard back.
I am unsure as whether to go to a post offer day or not as I applied for a joint honours which mean two different departments on different days and I don’t exactly live nearby. I attended an open day in October, how much would be different? Is it worth it?
Original post by VickyBeee
I am unsure as whether to go to a post offer day or not as I applied for a joint honours which mean two different departments on different days and I don’t exactly live nearby. I attended an open day in October, how much would be different? Is it worth it?

I went to both the Open Day in October and then on the 17th February, the Applicant day.

Unlike the Open day you're split into Group A and Group B. The difference between the groups is just that the morning talks and tours are in a different order. I presume you're placed in a specific group depending on what you state in your application although I'd arrived a little late due to travelling long-distance so I'm not too clear on how each person is sorted.

As I'd missed the accommodation talk/tour on the Open Day, the Applicant Day was a great way for me to see the things I'd missed the first time, however the afternoon was pretty much the exact same as the Open Day (e.g. the academic school tours and demonstrations) except it was a bit more focused on those who'd received an offer rather than catering to just anyone who came to visit.

Overall there were a few differences to the Open Day such as informal one-to-one chats with department lecturers, being able to tour both accommodation sites properly and tours of the sports centres but in my personal opinion if you feel that there's nothing new you want to see or have no new questions you want to ask, it's not a big issue that you don't visit.

If you do decide you want to go they do refund your travel for up to £50 so if you're travelling within that cost at least you'll have had a day out to further familiarise yourself with the area if you do decide to make Bangor your first choice. :smile:
I went to both the Open Day in October and then on the 17th February, the Applicant day.

Unlike the Open day you're split into Group A and Group B. The difference between the groups is just that the morning talks and tours are in a different order. I presume you're placed in a specific group depending on what you state in your application although I'd arrived a little late due to travelling long-distance so I'm not too clear on how each person is sorted.

As I'd missed the accommodation talk/tour on the Open Day, the Applicant Day was a great way for me to see the things I'd missed the first time, however the afternoon was pretty much the exact same as the Open Day (e.g. the academic school tours and demonstrations) except it was a bit more focused on those who'd received an offer rather than catering to just anyone who came to visit.

Overall there were a few differences to the Open Day such as informal one-to-one chats with department lecturers, being able to tour both accommodation sites properly and tours of the sports centres but in my personal opinion if you feel that there's nothing new you want to see or have no new questions you want to ask, it's not a big issue that you don't visit.

If you do decide you want to go they do refund your travel for up to £50 so if you're travelling within that cost at least you'll have had a day out to further familiarise yourself with the area if you do decide to make Bangor your first choice. :smile:

Thanks so much for the detailed reply :smile: I just firmed Bangor and tbh I got see everything I wanted too so I think I'll give it a miss. Thanks anyway though :smile:
What do i do if I put the wrong address when signing up? Does the adress really matter?
Original post by bisolarsystem
What do i do if I put the wrong address when signing up? Does the adress really matter?

Hello,

What academic school are you visiting? Then I can point you in the right direction of how to contact them to make them aware :smile:

Sera (Bangor Official Rep)
Original post by Bangor Uni
Hello,

What academic school are you visiting? Then I can point you in the right direction of how to contact them to make them aware :smile:

Sera (Bangor Official Rep)

I'm visiting the School Of Psychology. I accidently told them I'm from Worcestshire but i'm from Dublin,Ireland.

Quick Reply

Latest