The Student Room Group

hijab & Skinny jeans

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Kamran Fazal
Nope (not unless they are too tight).

You seem to misinterpret the meaning the clothes which are worn by people of other religions when they are performing rituals or on special occasions. And I didn't say women can't wear jeans or trousers...

You said girls can't wear clothing like boys in that sense jeans and trousers wouldn't be acceptable?
Original post by Anonbabes
What is then?

i wear a hijab and English clothes but skirts and modest stuff like the stuff aab collection has, easily done its jus that stuff like skinny jeans defeats the purpose of hijab
You said girls can't wear clothing like boys in that sense jeans and trousers wouldn't be acceptable?

There is a difference between Men's jeans and trousers and women's jeans and trousers.
Reply 83
There is a difference between Men's jeans and trousers and women's jeans and trousers.

Give me evidence that we're allowed to wear jeans
I wear the hijab correctly showing no neck or hair. I wear full English clothes showing no arms or legs. But I wear skinny jeans.

If we can't wear. skinny jeans in winter what else could we wear?

Is skinny jeans ok?

What is English clothes anyway??

Skinny jeans, see-through clothes and tight t-shirts messes up the whole modesty concept. It is preferable to wear an outer garment outside, such as an abaya or jilbab.

But as along as your awrah is covered, if the top is long enough (up to your knees or below) and it doesn't show the figure then jeans is fine. There are also loose baggy jeans which doesn't really show the figure of the legs and it's modest.
Can someone please explain why some females who wear hijab also wear skinny jeans showing their asses? Seems so contradictory and just looks as if the girl is disrespecting the hijab/ religion/ whole point of it all. Also makes it look like they are being forced to wear it by parents etc.
Original post by RomanKing
Can someone please explain why some females who wear hijab also wear skinny jeans showing their asses? Seems so contradictory and just looks as if the girl is disrespecting the hijab/ religion/ whole point of it all. Also makes it look like they are being forced to wear it by parents etc.

Perhaps they are torn between following their religion properly or wearing pretty clothes (well at least what they think is pretty). I mean they are just normal people and sometimes people have difficulty putting their beliefs into actions. A bit like how you know you shouldn't eat the extra piece of cake cause you're on a diet but do it anyway cause you felt like it. But idk I'm just guessing. You should realise that hijabis are real people too and not just an embodiment of a religion.
Reply 87
Original post by FishLover
Perhaps they are torn between following their religion properly or wearing pretty clothes (well at least what they think is pretty). I mean they are just normal people and sometimes people have difficulty putting their beliefs into actions. A bit like how you know you shouldn't eat the extra piece of cake cause you're on a diet but do it anyway cause you felt like it. But idk I'm just guessing. You should realise that hijabis are real people too and not just an embodiment of a religion.

Tbh I wear skinny jeans,but now I'm ganna try to wear long dresses knee length with leggings. Or long tops
I wear hijab with western dress
I wear the hijab correctly showing no neck or hair. I wear full English clothes showing no arms or legs. But I wear skinny jeans.

If we can't wear. skinny jeans in winter what else could we wear?

Is skinny jeans ok?

The point of a hijab is to show modesty, haya, it's not a fashion statement. It should cover the chest and whatever you were underneath that should not reveal your figure as it doesn't show haya. To be honest if you were to wear jeans underneath then u might as well take the hijab off as it is totally opposite to the meaning of hijab. Hope I helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by 99oneelove
The point of a hijab is to show modesty, haya, it's not a fashion statement. It should cover the chest and whatever you were underneath that should not reveal your figure as it doesn't show haya. To be honest if you were to wear jeans underneath then u might as well take the hijab off as it is totally opposite to the meaning of hijab. Hope I helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about trousers? Jumpers?
Reply 91
Original post by fatimah9
I wear hijab with western dress

Example?
Reply 92
Original post by FluffyCherry
What is English clothes anyway??

Skinny jeans, see-through clothes and tight t-shirts messes up the whole modesty concept. It is preferable to wear an outer garment outside, such as an abaya or jilbab.

But as along as your awrah is covered, if the top is long enough (up to your knees or below) and it doesn't show the figure then jeans is fine. There are also loose baggy jeans which doesn't really show the figure of the legs and it's modest.

What can I wear underneath a dress that's knee length?

What do you mean?
What about trousers? Jumpers?

You could wear trousers but you need something over it that is knee length. Also you may wear jeans/trousers whatever you want as long as your home and no na mahram is there. But for those who would like to wear western then how about maxi dresses, you could get some really nice maxi dresses that cover you fully and look fantastic 2. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95

you could wear loose track pants or palazzo pants. tho its best to wear an abaya :smile:
Reply 96
You could wear trousers but you need something over it that is knee length. Also you may wear jeans/trousers whatever you want as long as your home and no na mahram is there. But for those who would like to wear western then how about maxi dresses, you could get some really nice maxi dresses that cover you fully and look fantastic 2. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I love dresses tbh :biggrin: Cuz i had a knee length dress and wore leggings, and felt guilty deep inside. What can I wear with a Jumper??

Original post by hiba003
you could wear loose track pants or palazzo pants. tho its best to wear an abaya :smile:

Yeah :biggrin: What should I do with my skinny jeans now?? :P
Yeah I love dresses tbh :biggrin: Cuz i had a knee length dress and wore leggings, and felt guilty deep inside. What can I wear with a Jumper??

Yeah :biggrin: What should I do with my skinny jeans now?? :P

Jumper and long skirt,or you know them trousers that are quite big and look like skirts. Could wear that. Skinny jeans could wear under a abaya or just give them to charity :smile: hope I helped sis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Jumper and long skirt,or you know them trousers that are quite big and look like skirts. Could wear that. Skinny jeans could wear under a abaya or just give them to charity :smile: hope I helped sis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does Jumper and skirt go together? Never tried it :P
Yh will need to purchase them x

If you don't mind me asking, do u pray?
Does Jumper and skirt go together? Never tried it :P
Yh will need to purchase them x

If you don't mind me asking, do u pray?

Yh though it depends on the colors and all, also seen many people wear it. It goes :smile:
Yes alhamdulillah i do pray

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest