The Student Room Group

College put old achieved gcse grade (since re-sat) in ucas appilcation

Trying to get some advice for my cousin who seems to have completely given up.

All 5 uni's rejected on the basis that the gcse grade wasn't met, there wasn't a no resit rule, and the gcse was re sat and achieved at the college over a year ago. The college then put the original grade on the ucas application and didn't mention the latest grade. The uni's said the college would need to sort it as it was their mistake and obviously they can not just take my cousins word that the grade is wrong, yet the college said there is nothing they can do? They also haven't apologized and took a long time to respond

I've told my cousin to contact ucas but they said they have no decided to take a gap year which is fine but will this mistake and the rejections still impact them when they go to re-apply?

Thanks
Original post by vivavangveing
Trying to get some advice for my cousin who seems to have completely given up.

All 5 uni's rejected on the basis that the gcse grade wasn't met, there wasn't a no resit rule, and the gcse was re sat and achieved at the college over a year ago. The college then put the original grade on the ucas application and didn't mention the latest grade. The uni's said the college would need to sort it as it was their mistake and obviously they can not just take my cousins word that the grade is wrong, yet the college said there is nothing they can do? They also haven't apologized and took a long time to respond

I've told my cousin to contact ucas but they said they have no decided to take a gap year which is fine but will this mistake and the rejections still impact them when they go to re-apply?

Thanks

It's up to your cousin to fill in the form, and the college only adds a reference, so this is rather strange but no, it won't have an effect on any future applications since your cousin presumably won't get it wrong when applying next time as an independent candidate. Your cousin can email [email protected] to discuss the situation as this is the address to which mistakes over qualifications are sent. Since your cousin has resat, they presumably have a certificate confirming the new grade to prove what they say. The college certainly can (and should) do something, and they could start with emailing Ucas on that address. It may well be too late for this year, though.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It's up to your cousin to fill in the form, and the college only adds a reference, so this is rather strange but no, it won't have an effect on any future applications since your cousin presumably won't get it wrong when applying next time as an independent candidate. Your cousin can email [email protected] to discuss the situation as this is the address to which mistakes over qualifications are sent. Since your cousin has resat, they presumably have a certificate confirming the new grade to prove what they say. The college certainly can (and should) do something, and they could start with emailing Ucas on that address. It may well be too late for this year, though.

Thank you. I also found it strange but i was told their college submitted the grades so i assumed there was a new verification stage or something alongside the personal statement...obviously i don't think i'm getting the full picture from my cousin. Thanks again, i will forward the email address to them.
Original post by vivavangveing
Thank you. I also found it strange but i was told their college submitted the grades so i assumed there was a new verification stage or something alongside the personal statement...obviously i don't think i'm getting the full picture from my cousin. Thanks again, i will forward the email address to them.

I suspect you may be a little in the dark, courtesy of your cousin. Schools and colleges don't usually do this kind of thing, and unless your cousin gave them the password, they shouldn't be able to access his/her side of the form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending