The Student Room Group

Bulking up. Tips for nutrition and routines?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by WitlessHippo
"Eating lots" had me putting on copious amounts of adipose tissue...and on a "trainers" advice!

Hope to hear of you soon when you'll learn to explain stuff in another language. This thread is indeed full of cheesy people.
Original post by Adrono
I didn't the way you are actually criticizing it, I've said nothing wrong: just the basics, with a personal stance on numbers and plans - you should re-read. And I disagree, but I see it is pointless to further discuss this. Peace.

You've said lots wrong, your points have all been addressed. The reason people jump on it so quick is that it's potentially dangerous advice. The most important thing in the gym is safety and when that's compromised, doesn't matter what routine you're doing.

You have to take it seriously. People who write programs for a living always include disclaimers because they can get sued.

Take giving advice seriously. You can hurt somebody.
Reply 62
Original post by hezzlington
You've said lots wrong, your points have all been addressed. The reason people jump on it so quick is that it's potentially dangerous advice. The most important thing in the gym is safety and when that's compromised, doesn't matter what routine you're doing.

You have to take it seriously. People who write programs for a living always include disclaimers because they can get sued.

Take giving advice seriously. You can hurt somebody.

Are you bloody serious right now? How is train hard and eat a lot, making sure your last rep is the last you can do (without, obviously, exaggerating) giving harmful advice? You're ridicolous. And this is making me lol. You don't deserve any more answer, as that would only be to point out how much of a sad person you must be to "show off" over nonsense on a forum. Take care man.

And please, OP, do listen to your trainer. Not to me, not to a random guy on the internet - they won't teach you good form. Once again, good training.
Original post by Adrono
Are you bloody serious right now? How is train hard and eat a lot, making sure your last rep is the last you can do (without, obviously, exaggerating) giving harmful advice? You're ridicolous. And this is making me lol. You don't deserve any more answer, as that would only be to point out how much of a sad person you must be to "show off" over nonsense on a forum. Take care man.

And please, OP, do listen to your trainer. Not to me, not to a random guy on the internet - they won't teach you good form. Once again, good training.

Adrono, let's not make this personal. I'm not showing off, just trying to help.

OP has come for advice, it would be strange to assume they are not prepared to listen and put the advice into practice, otherwise they wouldn't bother posting. That's why it's important to give responsible advice.
Reply 64
Adrono, let's not make this personal. I'm not showing off, just trying to help.

OP has come for advice, it would be strange to assume they are not prepared to listen and put the advice into practice, otherwise they wouldn't bother posting. That's why it's important to give responsible advice.

Please, it's not personal, but what you just said was the most ridicolous thing I had ever read on this forum. I may have not given the best advise on the internet but it sure wasn't harmful, lol. Peace man.
Original post by Adrono
Please, it's not personal, but what you just said was the most ridicolous thing I had ever read on this forum. I may have not given the best advise on the internet but it sure wasn't harmful, lol. Peace man.

I used the word potentially.

Goodnight sweetheart.
Reply 66
I used the word potentially.

Goodnight sweetheart.

Go cure yourself.
Original post by Adrono
Go cure yourself.

Stop flirting with me and just ask me out already. Be a man.

OP, the advice has been presented to you. Happy training.
Reply 68
Stop flirting with me and just ask me out already. Be a man.

OP, the advice has been presented to you. Happy training.

I insist.
Come on guys, why does a thread about bulking have to be made so complicated?

Eat a surplus and go to the ****ing gym
Original post by Adrono
I insist.

I like you
Original post by GeologyMaths
Come on guys, why does a thread about bulking have to be made so complicated?

Eat a surplus and go to the ****ing gym

Yeah, lets just eat 5000 calories of lard and drink Olive oil.

Good one Mr Nutritionist.
Original post by HappyLifting

Are you starting a fight lol
Original post by GeologyMaths
Are you starting a fight lol

Yeahh i love fighting online....Im just trying to stop you spreading BS.
Yeahh i love fighting online....Im just trying to stop you spreading BS.

Sure
I like protons...
Original post by trapking
I like protons...

Me too
Original post by Adrono
"You back tracked" made me lol, as I never did, considering my best advice was to eat and train hard each set. But yeah, if you'd like to think so :biggrin:. Then you might have noticed my personal stance on protein shakes, which comes from personal experience. I made great gains, at least compared to the average, and all I needed was food - not shakes. It's debatable, yes, but again, I don't think it's advisable for a novice, and my medic advised against it, reason for which I sugested a deeper research on the topic. Peace.

Problem there is, you've been training 6 months. As long as your diet and training is half decent, you'll make substantial gains in the first 6 months. So something working for that initial period is in no way an indicator that it's an effective approach. The complete beginner requires enough calories, an adequate yet manageable workload and progressive overload - that's it.

That is the mentality that creates permabulkers lol.
Reply 79
Original post by krs141
Haha, I tried doing that but couldn't get anywhere. So many videos, so many say different things. If only there was one clear cut way!

Pick a body goal and find someone that fits.

If you're not really going for the bodybuilding look, I'd recommend 'kinobody' as a starting point - he has some pretty good stuff when considering whether to bulk or cut & how to train.

In your situation though I'd cut to a low body fat and then start a lean bulk, so many people suggest bulking straight away but if you're already carrying excess fat you'll end up looking pretty crap at the end of the bulk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply