The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I am Spartacus.
Reply 21
I'm fabulous thanks, and I also am most certainly Spartacus.
Can't sleep because when I'm revising I drink sooooo much coffee! :smile:
BeccaE
I'm fabulous thanks, and I also am most certainly Spartacus.
Can't sleep because when I'm revising I drink sooooo much coffee! :smile:

but it tastes sooooo goooooood :biggrin:
Reply 23
Hehe, was that a pisstake of my excessive usage of the letter O?

Obviously as a child I was only allowed to watch episodes of Sesame Street that were sponsored by the letter O, it's not funny its a serious condition!

p.s. I am Spartacus
polish_lad
All of you can F *** off........ Spartacus was Polish

No, he was probably Thracian.

The ancient sources agree that Spartacus was a native Thracian who had served as an auxiliary in the Roman army, but was disgraced and sold into slavery. Plutarch describes him as "a Thracian of nomadic stock";[2] Appian says he was "a Thracian by birth, who had once served as a soldier with the Romans, but had since been a prisoner and sold for a gladiator";[3] and Florus says he was "a mercenary Thracian [who] had become a Roman soldier, of a soldier a deserter and robber, and afterwards, from consideration of his strength, a gladiator";[4] However, "Thracian" was a style of gladiatorial combat in which the gladiator fought with a round shield and a short sword or dagger,[5] and it has been argued that this may have confused the sources about his geographical origins,[citation needed] although no alternative origin is attested.
The name "Spartacus" is otherwise attested in the Black Sea region: kings of Cimmerian Bosporus[6] and Pontus[7] are known to have borne it, and a Thracian "Spardacus"[8] or "Sparadokos",[9] father of Seuthes I of the Odrysae, is also known.

The Thracian tribes to the south, neighbouring the Ancient Greeks, determined the latter to name a so called Thrace region (now divided between Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey). Other names of ancient provinces inhabited by Thracians were: Moesia, Dacia, Scythia Minor, Bithynia (in northwest Asia Minor), Mysia, Macedonia, Pannonia, and others. This area extends over most of the Balkans region, and the Getae north of the Danube as far as beyond the Bug.[1].

Thrace =/= Poland; it's the wrong geographical area, and "Poland" as an entity didn't exist. Sorry.
Reply 25
spartacus, me, bovard
Reply 26
I am Bic Pentameter :proud:
Reply 27
In Soviet Russia, Spartacus is YOU!!