The Student Room Group

Is it worth the extra debt? Offer dilemma!

Hi everyone,

I have received offers from both Liverpool John Moore's and the University of Manchester to study my Master's in Health Psychology.

LMJU has a tuition fee cost of £5,500, while UOM stands at £9,000.

I was just wondering if anyone could offer me any advice as to whether it is worth getting into extra debt and taking my Manchester offer? I would also want to live out.

Do you think the courses would be that different in terms of quality and professional links?

I don't know what to do!

Thanks in advance :smile:
Anyone? 😂
Reply 2
What was your undergraduate degree in, and where did you study? Manchester is far more prestigious than LJMU, and if you're spending that kind of money, you want to factor in prestige and it's links to other avenues.
Original post by ahllb
What was your undergraduate degree in, and where did you study? Manchester is far more prestigious than LJMU, and if you're spending that kind of money, you want to factor in prestige and it's links to other avenues.

Psychology. I'm in my third year now. I'm at Edge Hill University - so no where amazing (it is a good uni though). Yeah that's what I thought... If it's worth the extra money then obviously I'd rather try my best to go there. Thanks for your reply :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by CinderellaDust
Psychology. I'm in my third year now. I'm at Edge Hill University - so no where amazing (it is a good uni though). Yeah that's what I thought... If it's worth the extra money then obviously I'd rather try my best to go there. Thanks for your reply :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edge Hill is a good university. It depends on your overall financial situation. I advise saving up and living on a tight budget from now, and hope to have enough funds for Manchester.

It also depends on the modules on offer at each university and the professors they boast. It's pointless going to Manchester if the modules don't interest you - go to the place that suits your overall academic interests. Good luck.
(edited 8 years ago)
Are there any factors that set the two apart apart from so called 'prestige'? For example, accreditation, internship opportunities, research etc? If yes then take the offer with the better opportunities. If not then it doesn't matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending