The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Which halls?

Exeter is my first choice uni but I don't know which accommodation to apply for. I'll be studying at St Lukes Campus but don't mind a longer walk if it means been in a better halls. Which are known for having a good social side etc? Currently thinking about applying for JOC. Any advice is appreciated!
Original post by Ella.R
Exeter is my first choice uni but I don't know which accommodation to apply for. I'll be studying at St Lukes Campus but don't mind a longer walk if it means been in a better halls. Which are known for having a good social side etc? Currently thinking about applying for JOC. Any advice is appreciated!

The halls at Rowancroft are really nice and they're definitely the closest to St Lukes. Rowancroft (sometimes known as posh croft haha) is en-suite and the priciest in the Rowancroft Halls but they're good sized rooms, nice kitchens, and a pretty good social life I'd say. Rowancroft Mews is in the same area but the halls aren't quite as nice (though still pretty nice, I don't know anyone who doesn't like living there) - they're a bit older I think and not en-suite, but they have more communal spaces so they're a bit better for social life, they hold pres there quite a lot. Rowancroft Court is probably the worst for rooms - bit older, no en-suites, more people sharing toilets and kitchens etc. Overall there's a pretty nice atmosphere at Croft, you're a little bit further from Streatham if you join any societies that run there but there's buses so it's not necessarily a bad thing.

JOC is pretty good - rooms are en-suite, you're a bit closer to the centre of town and really close to Arena/Unit 1 which is a pretty good club (only one I go to, I'm not that big on clubbing tbh but literally everyone likes it there) and again they've got a pretty good social side there.

I know a couple of people who live up by Streatham and have all their lectures on St Lukes and they're perfectly happy - long walk for an 8:30 lecture in the morning though! You also have the option of catered halls up there too whereas everything closer to St Lukes is self-catered.

When I applied, I put Rowancroft as my first choice, JOC as my second and Mews as my third - ended up in Rowancroft but I'd have been just as happy in any of them!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by aLittleBookWorm
The halls at Rowancroft are really nice and they're definitely the closest to St Lukes. Rowancroft (sometimes known as posh croft haha) is en-suite and the priciest in the Rowancroft Halls but they're good sized rooms, nice kitchens, and a pretty good social life I'd say. Rowancroft Mews is in the same area but the halls aren't quite as nice (though still pretty nice, I don't know anyone who doesn't like living there) - they're a bit older I think and not en-suite, but they have more communal spaces so they're a bit better for social life, they hold pres there quite a lot. Rowancroft Court is probably the worst for rooms - bit older, no en-suites, more people sharing toilets and kitchens etc. Overall there's a pretty nice atmosphere at Croft, you're a little bit further from Streatham if you join any societies that run there but there's buses so it's not necessarily a bad thing.

JOC is pretty good - rooms are en-suite, you're a bit closer to the centre of town and really close to Arena/Unit 1 which is a pretty good club (only one I go to, I'm not that big on clubbing tbh but literally everyone likes it there) and again they've got a pretty good social side there.

I know a couple of people who live up by Streatham and have all their lectures on St Lukes and they're perfectly happy - long walk for an 8:30 lecture in the morning though! You also have the option of catered halls up there too whereas everything closer to St Lukes is self-catered.

When I applied, I put Rowancroft as my first choice, JOC as my second and Mews as my third - ended up in Rowancroft but I'd have been just as happy in any of them!

Thanks, this helps a lot!
What's your opinion on Duryard?/ Why isn't it a popular choice?Also my offers for geography at Streatham Campus and considering I would like self-catered and an en-suite which is the best accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest