The Student Room Group

HMRC AO pre-employment checks

Scroll to see replies

Rebecca..

I'm thinking June too but I'm not sure whereabouts! I have a holiday but not until the end of August, did have to tell them when I had my interview. I'm just glad I'm not currently employed because they do seem to keep us hanging around a lot! Lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Also, to everyone who hasn't heard yet, I wouldn't worry! They mentioned staggered start dates when I was interviewed so that may have something to do with it and if you think how many peoples pre-employment checks they have to get through.. Think it's just a generally long process! :smile:
Reply 42
I have a holiday 2nd week in August and they said they just expect everyone to do the full training before taking any leave it would be fine. Good luck to everyone still waiting. X
My holiday is the 8th-15th June! So anytime after then. Ideally Monday the 20th. How long does training take- it says two/six weeks Monday - Friday. Made up as we'll be Monday to Friday ha! Then it's to the rotational Saturday's I guess.
Original post by rebecca_:)
My holiday is the 8th-15th June! So anytime after then. Ideally Monday the 20th. How long does training take- it says two/six weeks Monday - Friday. Made up as we'll be Monday to Friday ha! Then it's to the rotational Saturday's I guess.

I have a feeling it may be more towards the end of June to be honest - given that it's already the 18th May! Yeah I'm looking forward to the Monday to Friday bit too! Haha. I'm really hoping it's not too many Saturday's.. Grateful for the job but coming from retail a weekend off will be very welcome! 😂
Reply 45
They are hoping to clear my pre-employments checks and have asked for 2 personal references but they may or may not contact them. All my references i originally gave were past employers. 😊 x
Reply 46
Guys..... i got an email and i passed!!!!! so happy!!!!!!! xxx
Reply 47
Congrats I'm still waiting 😩.. Hopefully it won't be too long now..anyone got a start date yet?
Reply 48
Original post by Ash8484
Congrats I'm still waiting 😩.. Hopefully it won't be too long now..anyone got a start date yet?

Hang on in there.... It shouldn't be too long now! Which office did you apply for? X
Reply 49
I applied for Birmingham..did you receive your dbs certificate through the post?because I read somewhere that the certificate comes to the applicant..I haven't received mine
Reply 50
Original post by Ash8484
I applied for Birmingham..did you receive your dbs certificate through the post?because I read somewhere that the certificate comes to the applicant..I haven't received mine

Hey! I read the same thing so I was expecting to get it In the post! I just had an email to say everything is fine and I would be contacted with a start date. Please try not to stress! (I know it's hard!) it's such a waiting game..... Just think of how many people they have had to check too! X
I got my start date of 27th June... And yes. I'm from a retail background so the thought of any day off on a weekend is a bonus. It's not to bad. 1 in 4 during peak times. 1 in 6 during non peak times.

Also I got my DBS in the post after my checks where passed so fear not.

Excited now :biggrin:
I got my start date of 27th June... And yes. I'm from a retail background so the thought of any day off on a weekend is a bonus. It's not to bad. 1 in 4 during peak times. 1 in 6 during non peak times.

Also I got my DBS in the post after my checks where passed so fear not.

Excited now :biggrin:

Ahh brilliant news! Just after your holiday too like you wanted :smile: did they call you?
Original post by Stacey0706
Ahh brilliant news! Just after your holiday too like you wanted :smile: did they call you?

I know. Ace! And nope it was just an email again!
Reply 54
I know. Ace! And nope it was just an email again!

Yeah!!! Congratulations! 👍😊 xxxx
Reply 55
Congratulations 😊 thats brilliant x
Reply 56
Congratulations it's finally the end of a long process for u.. U can go and enjoy your holiday without worrying about this now 😀
I know. The email says that they are planning on a start date of the 27th June, I've passed pre employment checks and picked my shift pattern... I need to give a months notice which would be around this time.

Would you guys risk it and hand it in?
Reply 58
have u received the employment contract?if you have then yes I would hand my notice in..
has anyone in Birmingham received a formal offer yet? i getting very bored of this process

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending