The Student Room Group

Do you check other people out whilst in a relationship?

I've been in a long distance relationship for a while now and I love him a lot. I'm paired up with this really good looking guy for a group project, and I can't help but think 'wow, he's so gorgeous' every time he talks to me. I was literally adjusting my hair, being extra nice to him and leaning towards him before I realised what the hell I was doing and backed away. My friends say it's normal, but I thought it was weird.
Yes!
Nothing wrong with Window Shopping!!
I do this sometimes but I try to stop it. I feel guilty about it because my boyfriend wouldn't be happy if he found out.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been in a long distance relationship for a while now and I love him a lot. I'm paired up with this really good looking guy for a group project, and I can't help but think 'wow, he's so gorgeous' every time he talks to me. I was literally adjusting my hair, being extra nice to him and leaning towards him before I realised what the hell I was doing and backed away. My friends say it's normal, but I thought it was weird.

Yes it normal to think these things. As long as you dont cheat, its perfectly ok and normal.

In fact me and my bf are actually very open with each other about other people we fancy. Like if we're out and I see a cute guy or he see a hot girl, we'll tell each other "like omg that girl has a sweet ass". Its kind of almost a game for us now.

When you trust each other and there's no insecurity in your relationship, then you can be open with each other about this sort of thing.
Reply 4
I genuinely don't fancy other guys when I'm in a relationship. Idk why.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it as long as you don't cheat or become emotionally invested in this other guy.
Reply 5
Yes I do check people out and I imagine my boyfriend does the same. Doesn't matter how much you love your partner, you will always find other people attractive and that's fine. It's only if you have a desire to pursue someone else while you're in a relationship that's a problem. Simply admiring their looks is nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Yes, it's natural.
Reply 7
Never :ninja:
i think what you did was rather dubious, essentially flirting tbh

i notice other girls if they are particularly stunning, but i wouldn't flirt etc or really care about their existence
Checking out maybe flirting no.. you were flirting OP :lolwut:

This tall beefy guy just joined the group and my best friend (who has a boyfriend who loans her money etc.) keeps stroking his arms and laughing with him.. IMO it's wrong
Yes I notice and check out other hot guys.... It's natural
I'm not blind, neither is he.
Reply 12
I may look at someone and thing 'hes good looking' but i dont lust over them. I expect if i had a boyfriend he does the same.
Yes check them out but don't be obvious. If you're content with your bf/gf you WON'T need to check anybody out. It's disrespectful to your bf/gf and this brings in jealousy and various insecurities
I didn't pay attention to other girls whilst in a relationship. I've just never been that sort of person. :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending