The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

Scroll to see replies

kirstinx
I wasn't trying to be funny.

Yeah, that's prolly what makes us so different - some of us need to try to be funny, the other ones - just are. Like I am.
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Hmm, "good unis" not on this list on wikipedia: "new universities":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_universities.
Don't get angry mylifeismuzik, I'm just saying what old fashioned (e.g. law companies) employers think.
Reply 22
mylifeismuzik
Yeah, that's prolly what makes us so different - some of us need to try to be funny, the other ones - just are. Like I am.

Don't you just love yourself :rolleyes:

Being funny will get you as far as London Met, good luck:wink:
Reply 23
mylifeismuzik
Oxford Brookes, Middlesex, Leeds Metropolitan, Manchester Metropolitan, UCE Birmingham, Thames Valley, Kingston, Glasgow Caledonian (has been formed in a merger of Glasgow Polytechnic and some others) and... LondonMet! :biggrin:

Ah I see..thanks :smile: Are they not so respected then?
Reply 24
Coventry's on that list..would anyone recommend that uni..?
Philosoraptor
Don't get angry mylifeismuzik, I'm just saying what old fashioned (e.g. law companies) employers think.

Why should I be angry?? :rolleyes: My uni is not on that list :biggrin:
kirstinx
Being funny will get you as far as London Met, good luck:wink:

Luckily it has already got me much further. :smile:

Where did get your attempts got you, apart from wasting your time replying to my embarrassing comments on an Internet Message Boards for (prospective) Students?
Reply 27
mylifeismuzik
Luckily it has already got me much further. :smile:

Where did get your attempts got you, apart from wasting your time replying to my embarrassing comments on an Internet Message Boards for (prospective) Students?

Embarrassing, how? And yet you are replying to mine? Hypocrite
Reply 28
city_chic
^ Oh right. Can you give me some examples of 'ex-poly' unis then please? :smile:

If you go on wikipedia and type in uk universities or something like that you'll get loads of information and explanations.
kirstinx
Hypocrite

Yes, indeed. And what is your name?
Reply 30
To the thread creator, u got 7A* and u want to apply to London met? U must be joking me! I bet you would have the highest grades there for A Level. I suggest you look at universties such as UoL (Uni of london i.e LSE/KCL/QM/Royal Holloway) or if up north manchester/leeds/newcastle/lancaster. What do you want to apply for btw, and dont be stupid by applying to london met with those grades, your under estimating yourself (based on GCSE grades)

*btw no offence meant to current london met students, im talking in regard to this specific thread and her grades warrant a much better university :smile:

Regards
Reply 31
^ Thanks for your advice :smile:

I've decided I definitely will NOT be applying to London Met anyway lol.

I'm thinking of doing French and/with English.

These are the unis I'm thinking of atm:

King's College London
Royal Holloway
Sussex
Warwick
Edinburgh
Birmingham

(Not in any particular order, although KCL is def. one of my preferences).
decky1989
john moores is better

Even Tesco is better than London Met.
Reply 33
city_chic those universities sound more like it :smile: Apply to them, much better job prospects. And hahaha @ the tesco comment!

Regards
Reply 34
^ Lol, gdgd. I'll aim for those then :smile:
Reply 35
London Met is one of, if not the best, university in the UK. It regulary beats Oxbridge and UCL hands down in almost every subject, and comes top of every league table available.
Reply 36
Your sarcasm is not lost on me.
Reply 37
MetalA
London Met is one of, if not the best, university in the UK. It regulary beats Oxbridge and UCL hands down in almost every subject, and comes top of every league table available.

have you been reading upside down again?
Reply 38
damn man - I will always try to say a few good words for London Met, but that was going too far!!! :biggrin:
I love this thread. :p:

Latest